How close to the ball & how much to bend????

richy

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Evening all,

Does anyone have a good way to check if your standing the right ammount of distance from the ball. Also if your bending enough at the hips or too much.

I had a lesson the other day where I was told I was bending too much and standing too far from the ball resulting in me thinning a lot of shots. Once corrected I was hitting them much better but now I cant seem to get in the right position.

Im now paranoid that Im not doing any correctly and would really be gratefull of any help.

Thanks in advance

DingleBerry

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Stand opposite your ball and then hold club out straight in front of u,then lower to ball till centre of club is on the ball adjusting your width of stance accordingly then flex the knees slightly pushing your bum out! Like u r sitting on a bar stall and then try to jump whilst planted and u should be able to jump with control and balance thats wot i got taught and read in Golf monthly and it works for me!! Hope it helps

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
Stand opposite your ball and then hold club out straight in front of u,then keeping your back straight, bend from the hips till centre of club is on the ball. adjusting your width of stance accordingly then flex the knees slightly pushing your bum out! Like u r sitting on a bar stall and then try to jump whilst planted and u should be able to jump with control and balance thats wot i got taught and read in Golf monthly and it works for me!! Hope it helps