How bad a round?

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Nipped down to St Pierre with my wife tonight for 9 holes this evening....nice evening , course nice and quiet...

Playing the first, I picked up a Wilson Driver headcover that had been dropped just off the fairway. Put it in the bag to return to the shop.

Got to the 4th tee. On the tee was a “decapitated” Driver head, and the remains of the snapped shaft in the hosel. It was sat in a head sized divot! It was one heck of a hole!

I picked it up.... Wilson Driver!! Surely it couldn’t be the same bloke’s stuff! Blimey. Wish I had the camera...

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
not quite as extreme, but same principle..

i had a very poor front 9 a few years ago which resulted in 50 (35)blows out. all from very poor drives.

I took the head off the driver with the wrench and stuck it in the pocket of my bag, played the back 9 with the hybrid and 3 wood off the tee.... which resulted in 32 (36) back... made buffer with a couple of net adjustments, which i didn't think was possible after my front 9:rofl:

User101

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I hate the saying "Drive for show, putt for dough" simple fact is, you ain't making many pars from the trees/cabbage.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Sounded like the bloke ahead of the OP had a total meltdown. Too much of a coincidence surely? I've been know to launch a club or two over the years (much better these days) and hurling one and it wrapping around a tree and bending the shaft wasn't my finest hour. No matter how bad I was playing I wouldn't want to smash my driver up, especially given the cost of even a smaller brand name these days