How are you structuring your winter

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Try and do something with my main fault, poor decision making. Yesterday being a prime example. Took a driver on the last, a short par 5, when the sensible shot was something to lay up short of a string of bunkers. Then hit a hybrid out of the fairway bunker into another fairway bunker 170yds further down. Splashed out 10 yds short of the green but then tried to get too close to a sucker pin. Eventually posted a 7, and lost the comp by one shot.

I've had a few second places this season, and in the middle of it all has been a rank bad hole due to poor decision making. LEARN PATIENCE.

User 105

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Try and do something with my main fault, poor decision making. Yesterday being a prime example. Took a driver on the last, a short par 5, when the sensible shot was something to lay up short of a string of bunkers. Then hit a hybrid out of the fairway bunker into another fairway bunker 170yds further down. Splashed out 10 yds short of the green but then tried to get too close to a sucker pin. Eventually posted a 7, and lost the comp by one shot.

I've had a few second places this season, and in the middle of it all has been a rank bad hole due to poor decision making. LEARN PATIENCE.

That's been my big improvement this year. Stopped pulling driver on every hole. Actually almost stop using my driver completely.

Driver is by far my worst club in my bag and I'm plenty long enough even with a 4i to get in range to use a mid iron on a lot of holes.

Downside is I know on the rare occasion when my driver is on I'll shoot mid-70's. When it's off it'll be Mid-90's. :rolleyes:

AMcC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have games in the Ayrshire Winter Golf Association. Largs last week, Western next week West Kilbride the following week. Troon Portland,Duundonald, Prestwick and Gailes to look forward to in the new year. As well as the usual Saturday sweep games.

I will be continuing to have lessons over the winter, just needing to sort that last wee bit on my swing and more short game work.

If it is like last winter I will play and practice more than I did during the summer !

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've got a couple of lessons to take from a set I bought at the start of the year. So i'll probably take one in Jan and one in Feb and I usually hit the once , sometimes twice per week. I enjoy the range just because it gets me out of the house on dark nights and a few of us usually go down and have a coffee / pint and bash a few balls away. We play a few matchplay games on them top tracer things which is usually a good craic.

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
I had skipped any lessons since February, had a suspicion what may be coming on the launch monitor, but was still an eye opener how much I had shifted with a season of playing. Open at top, path now out to in, adding loft. Hit some okay looking shots too.
Still, now have some drills to spend time on. Or maybe just buy some really jacked lofts 😁