How are you structuring your winter

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Will try and play as much as possible unless we are on temp greens when I'll do some practice instead. Winter practice will consist of more wedge work, controlling yardages, playing with loft, working on short game, putting and range work with TopTracer rather than bashing balls. I've got some lessons in the diary for start of the new season for a swing MOT and short game refresher.

User 99

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
How are you structuring your winter :unsure:

If it's cold I put the heating on, I take the car to the shops rather than walk, I put a jacket and hat on, if it snows I grit my drive, other than that, not much different from any other time of the year (y)

D

Deleted member 15344

If course is open I’ll play , if it’s a bit cold I’ll wear an extra layer 👍

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
Previous years, I’ve worked on my game for the next season. Lots of range work. Two lessons a month.
This year....Decided to enter the winter league 4bbb after much badgering.

Wish i hadn’t bothered nobody seems to use the IG messaging board. And the format is crud.

Back to practicing and coaching next year.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Same as normal for my golf, just less of it due to reduced light.

I'll try and find some time to re-grip a couple or more sets of irons (did the Wilson Staff Tourblades last night).
Hopefully restore/refinish a few woods and re-grip some of those as well.

D

Deleted member 17920

Going to be doing a massive change this winter.

Got 20 years of bad habits to sort out.

Had a few lessons over the last few weeks, grip too strong, take away the club closed, hands too far back, leaning forward, swaying ,posture very very poor.

Apart from those listed my game is in good shape 😱

Going to try and stay away from the course and concentrate on grinding in the changes, if I don’t get back to single figures by the end of next season then I am going to cry 😢

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Been thinking about this myself, got 3 lessons to take but thinking about getting more and just having a lesson once a week when i'm home.
Particularly iron play and short game.
Will get the putting mat out also, im looking for a big improvement next year.

inc0gnito

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Previous years, I’ve worked on my game for the next season. Lots of range work. Two lessons a month.
This year....Decided to enter the winter league 4bbb after much badgering.

Wish i hadn’t bothered nobody seems to use the IG messaging board. And the format is crud.

Back to practicing and coaching next year.

Was thinking the same thing. Some lessons and some range practice. Nothing beats the course and I find it hard to sacrifice a round for the range. Though there is a par 3 course near me which I can use for pitching practice.

Mr Hip

Medal Winner
Visit site
Working on the mind. Reading Every Shot Must Have A Purpose and will try to implement the bits that I think will help me the most. Otherwise, a few holes when and if the weather allows.

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
Had a couple of lessons with a very good local pro. Worked on shortening the backswing and understanding the weight transfer a bit more.

Now working on swing speeds. Got the 7 iron up to 90mph+ and the driver hitting 108mph (occasionally).

User 105

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Pretty much stop playing and practising. Might go out for 9 if the weather is nice and I fancy playing. But apart from that I tend to give it a rest for a few months.

Means I come back fresh and motivated next year.

I just hate playing in the cold and rain and on greens that bobble all over the place. Just don't enjoy it so I don't do it.

Don't bother with the range as when I practice I like to be able to work on something then go out and make sure I can replicate it on the course.

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
Extremely concerning - well on to the second page and no one seems to be looking to change their irons, get new wedge, swap hybrids to long irons (or vice versa) let alone a new fairway wood or putter....I thought these were the tried and tested routes to winter success ahead if the new season?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Going to be doing a massive change this winter.

Got 20 years of bad habits to sort out.

Had a few lessons over the last few weeks, grip too strong, take away the club closed, hands too far back, leaning forward, swaying ,posture very very poor.

Apart from those listed my game is in good shape 😱

Going to try and stay away from the course and concentrate on grinding in the changes, if I don’t get back to single figures by the end of next season then I am going to cry 😢
Good luck with it. I know how hard it is to change years on ingrained faults. Work hard, stay positive and good luck

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Me I am preparing for the winter by going on holiday tomorrow. Gonna get some warm weather training in. 😁👍

Wolf

Visit site
Extremely concerning - well on to the second page and no one seems to be looking to change their irons, get new wedge, swap hybrids to long irons (or vice versa) let alone a new fairway wood or putter....I thought these were the tried and tested routes to winter success ahead if the new season?
I am actually looking to do this, only partly for the vanity of having shiny new kit, but mainly because I want to improve my game so gonna have a fitting which ive not done for about 17 years. Really fancy the One Length irons and perhaps a slightly shorter shaft in the driver

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site

I'm going for a fitting for new irons next weekend, worry not.

My old irons are nearly 2 years old so practically falling apart...:)