How a bad day got worse

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Had arranged a game for this afternoon after having to cancel yesterday's game due to it chucking down all day.

Got email this morning from the club, saying we were back on temps and the trolley ban had been put back in place as a result of the rain.

Was a bit narked, but hey-ho, a game is a game.

Got ready to set off, and went to brush my teeth. The bathroom tap literally came to pieces in my hand, with water shooting everywhere. Eventually managed to turn the stopcock off downstairs, and phoned the emergency plumber.

He came within an hour, but by the time he had capped the taps upstairs and gone, I had well and truly missed my game.

So instead of having a game, it was a trip to B&Q for a new tap. Grrr ...

WWG

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Had a similar day. The wife and the dog died early this morning in a house fire. Went to play golf about 9am, and had a terrible round. Can't help asking myself, do I need new irons ?

Ross61

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Had a similar day. The wife and the dog died early this morning in a house fire. Went to play golf about 9am, and had a terrible round. Can't help asking myself, do I need new irons ?

i know you are only joking but in poor taste all the same.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site

i know you are only joking but in poor taste all the same.
:eek:.

Woah there Ross, he was only trying to be a bit light-hearted, he wasn't trying to upset or offend anyone!

Snowman

Visit site
:eek:.

Woah there Ross, he was only trying to be a bit light-hearted, he wasn't trying to upset or offend anyone!

If jokes about house fire deaths are light hearted then I'd hate to see his dark humour. Time and place and this was neither.

Lazkir

Head Pro
Visit site
If jokes about house fire deaths are light hearted then I'd hate to see his dark humour. Time and place and this was neither.

It's a rewording of a very old golf joke and is now a bit of a meme.

I'm 100% sure no offence was meant but obviously some people are more easily offended than normal people. I'm sure he didn't mean to upset anyone.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
OMG........what a shocking place this is. Are you ALL women. Learn to laugh a little....it makes life sooooooo much more bearable.

I think I'm done here.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site

sorry, did someone on here lose their wife and dog in a tragic house fire yesterday? If so, then he is out of order. If not, then chill out, it was a joke, and it made me smile.

Some folk just love being offended imo.

CMNI

Club Champion
Visit site
Got in last night and the wife said she was heading over to her friends. Phoned my PP, headed to the club for 9, squeezed in 14 between 6 and 8:30. Fairways were perfect, greens a little slow and not a cloud in the sky. It's still only April! I love summer golf, got home just after 9, she was home had made me dinner as I had rushed out.

Flat tyre on the way to work this morning :(

D

Deleted Member 1156

My day just got worse by reading this thread!

A mildly amusing joke and suddenly all the do-gooders appear and turn it into a bun fight!

Whatever happened to humour? Has it been banned in case it upsets some minority group?

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
My day just got worse by reading this thread!

A mildly amusing joke and suddenly all the do-gooders appear and turn it into a bun fight!

Whatever happened to humour? Has it been banned in case it upsets some minority group?

It's like watching a bunch of cackling crows sometimes this place. I'm beginning to suspect it's a retirement home for the easily offended.

ruff-driver

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It's like watching a bunch of cackling crows sometimes this place. I'm beginning to suspect it's a retirement home for the easily offended.

:D
50064565.jpg