Holyte Open

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I’ve just been informed that there are only 5 pairs entered for Holyte senior pairs open on July 31st so far and it will be a real shame if this doesn’t go ahead.

It’s in Edenbridge in Kent, tea , coffee bacon roll 2 course meal all for £80 per pair.

It’s one of my all time favorites places to play , stand on the first tee and it’s like going back in time and has the best par 3 that I’ve played anywhere, that includes Gleneagles, Royal Dornoch and Trump Aberdeen

What’s good it’s a 9 hole course so you get to play the par 3 twice, me and bro (Golfmmad) have played in their open 5/6 times.

It’s a real hidden gem and I would highly recommend anyone interested entries can be found on Golf Empire.

Think a GM staffer Was/is a member there

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Just had a quick look at the website, the standard green fee is only £30, maybe that's why so few entries.

Yes it’s only £25 mid week £30 weekends, 18 holes coffee/tea bacon roll plus 2 course meal £40 per player now in my book that’s a good deal.

Plus you get to play one of the best par 3 holes in the land imo 👍

The 6 times I’ve played it was always a full entry.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Is a great track and as the OP said that first tee is very strange, you’re almost waiting for a horse and cart to trot by. The approach the the third is quite a scary shot and the forth is simply stunning from both tees.

Used to have one of the best stocked pro shops in the area too.

hairball_89

Club Champion
Visit site
Great fun, probably playing there next week. that par 3 is truly wonderful.

If you do head down, be aware they've swapped the tees of the 2nd/11th around so you play the slightly longer tee first and the shorter the 2nd time around. And, if they cancel the Open but you still head down - send me a PM and I'll join you!

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
Nice on Roger, I was thinking about contacting you 👍
Be good to meet up again!

Now I wonder if Bratty and Smiffy would be interested! 🤔
How dare you!!!! It's a seniors open, and I won't even be 50 when it's played!!! 🤣🤣🤣