1) Machrihanish

2) Western Gailes

3) Turnberry Ailsa

4) Loch Lomond

5) Royal Portrush

How many do you want??!!

T

thecraw

Will I now list my top 5 inland courses?

Loch Lomond

Walton Heath Old

Spey Valley

Blairgowrie (Rosemount)

Letham Grange / Boat Of Garten!

Dodger

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
When I try and think of an inland course I long to play again I genuinely struggle to name one in the UK,plenty abroad but struggle inland here at home.

Woodhall Spa I would play again but wouldn't lose any sleep if I didn't,likewise Spey Valley,Sherwood Forest and a few others.

Guess that's the links upbringing in me! :p

GatesheadGolfer

Club Champion
Visit site
You can tell I haven't played the same 'quality - big names' as yourselves?

Here goes - no particular order:

Cardrona (Peebles)
Slaley Hall - Hunting
Slaley hall - Priestman
Matfen Hall
Whickham

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
When I try and think of an inland course I long to play again I genuinely struggle to name one in the UK,plenty abroad but struggle inland here at home.

Woodhall Spa I would play again but wouldn't lose any sleep if I didn't,likewise Spey Valley,Sherwood Forest and a few others.

Guess that's the links upbringing in me! :p
From a personal point of view, there are a few over here Dodger, Concra Wood, Belvoir Park, Hilton Templepatrick, even the impossible Scrabo GC (A reasonably well kept course though I find it an amazingly difficult first few holes to score on full stop but the view is fantastic) sticks out in my mind.

T

thecraw

Dodger is just a links whore!

Punching and bumping is his game!

Society_Fan

Head Pro
www.rigsgolf.co.uk
Wow, you guys travel well. I'm well out of my Depth here but here goes.
1) Belfy
2) Conway
3) St Anne's Old Links
4) Delamere Forest
5) Mere

I feel like I should say sorry!

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
1. Monte Rei (Portugal) - an absolute belter.
2. Notts GC (Holinwell).
3. Forest of Arden (Arden course).
4. Victoria (Portugal).
5. Vilamoura Old.

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
Bit of a mixture , Ballyliffin (Glashedy links) should be in there but as it was lashing down and blowing a gale the day we played my memories are not that great.

Portstewart (Strand Course)
Aphrodite Hills (Cyprus)
Beau Desert
Wentworth (West)
Ganton

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
Bit of a mixture , Ballyliffin (Glashedy links) should be in there but as it was lashing down and blowing a gale the day we played my memories are not that great.

Aphrodite Hills (Cyprus)
Beau Desert
Wentworth (West)
Ganton

What did you like about Portstewart mate have played loads of times and love it but not in my top 5

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site

Aphrodite Hills (Cyprus)
Beau Desert
Wentworth (West)
Ganton

What did you like about Portstewart mate have played loads of times and love it but not in my top 5

I've not played much links golf mate but had a trip over there a few years back and played Castlerock, Ballyliffin and PortStewart.

I think Portstewart stood out as the first 2 holes are beauty's and those sand-dunes seemed huge. I also thought it had a really great mix of long, mid and short par 3's (the one similar to the postage stamp was really good). It's rare I play a course where I have to tee off with most clubs in the bag, at Portstewart I used driver, 3 wood, long mid and a short iron !!

Have you played much over there Steve ??? The in-laws live just outside Belfast and am planning another trip around easter. Where else would you recommend ? Cost needs to be within reason as I'm hoping to play RCD, but would like another couple of "budget" one's !!

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site

Aphrodite Hills (Cyprus)
Beau Desert
Wentworth (West)
Ganton

I've not played much links golf mate but had a trip over there a few years back and played Castlerock, Ballyliffin and PortStewart.

I think Portstewart stood out as the first 2 holes are beauty's and those sand-dunes seemed huge. I also thought it had a really great mix of long, mid and short par 3's (the one similar to the postage stamp was really good). It's rare I play a course where I have to tee off with most clubs in the bag, at Portstewart I used driver, 3 wood, long mid and a short iron !!

Have you played much over there Steve ??? The in-laws live just outside Belfast and am planning another trip around easter. Where else would you recommend ? Cost needs to be within reason as I'm hoping to play RCD, but would like another couple of "budget" one's !!

I go over every year to Coleraine mate my mates parents stay there we play Portstewart where my mates dad is a member,Castlerock,Ballycastle and Portrush,we've played both at Ballyliffin as well.

If your up that kneck of the woods try The Valley at Portrush a cracking course at £35 a round,Portsalon,Rosapenna where,we're playing next year.

If its Belfast guys in my work played Malone and Belvoir Park and raved about them ,one i would like to play is Ardglass some Canadians i met in the summer raved about it.

Portstewart front 9 is superb ,it kind of fades away in the middle but 16 - 18 are tough finishing holes, i played it of the back tees in the summer and its a different course

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I think links are so different that I would have to follow thecraw and have 2 lists!

Links:
Saunton
Royal St Georges
Deal
Royal Porthcawl
Burnham & Berrow/ The old Course

Inland:
Hankley Common
Bearwood Lakes
Gleneagles Kings
Loch Lomond
Swinley Forest/Woodhall Spa/Berkshire Red/St Georges Hill/Wentworth East

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
Because I'm not lucky to have played that many good ones....yet:

1. TPC Snoqualmie Ridge, Seattle
2. The Hotchkin, Woodhall Spa
3. The White Witch, Montego Bay, Jamaica
4. Sandals Golf & Country Club, Ocho Rios, Jamaica
5. Belton Park

Toad

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Old Course

Castle Stuart

Carnoustie

Queens @ Gleneagles

Montrose Medal

I know Montrose maybe seems a bit out of place against the others but I really enjoy playing there, condition and layout is as good as many of the top courses.