HOLE IN ONE

NoLayingUp

Visit site
I don’t even know where to start.

All weekend I’ve been riding the high of my first ever Hole in One!

A sweetly struck 8 iron to a 172yd pin (downhill) hit the front edge of the green and seemed to trickle down forever and pause on the rim. The fellas I was with hesitated in anticipation as it didn’t look like it was going too and then… it dropped.

The elation I felt was incredible. The boys were going crackers, the chaps from adjacent holes all popped over to shake my hand (along with placing their drinks order haha).

On getting back to the clubhouse, not a surprise to see people had hung around for the free tipple but the a class touch from the chairman and the head pro, they greeted me into the clubhouse to a round of applause from all and thankfully mentioned the insurance to pay the bar bill! Needless to say, a good few whiskeys and beers were supped and the memory will never ever leave me. Absolutely on cloud nine! I also found out from the chairman that it is the 1st hole in one at my club since 21st May 2019.

It just reminded me why we all play this game, we’re worlds away from the pros but it’s a social sport to be enjoyed on the most part but mainly of heartache and missed opportunities. But, just but, every now and again dashed with a spot of magic that’s keeps up coming back to tee up time and time again.

I love this game.

Until I shank it on the 1st next week! ;)

Attachments

• 6095BD8D-0A28-4ADC-A963-8DB1B1F5A739.jpeg
    6095BD8D-0A28-4ADC-A963-8DB1B1F5A739.jpeg
    72.1 KB · Views: 48

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
Congratulations!
If it was in a recognised comp at the club, see if you're eligible for a hugo boss hole in one watch! Guy at our place has one for each wrist, flash bugger!

evemccc

Visit site
I don’t even know where to start.

All weekend I’ve been riding the high of my first ever Hole in One!

A sweetly struck 8 iron to a 172yd pin (downhill) hit the front edge of the green and seemed to trickle down forever and pause on the rim. The fellas I was with hesitated in anticipation as it didn’t look like it was going too and then… it dropped.

The elation I felt was incredible. The boys were going crackers, the chaps from adjacent holes all popped over to shake my hand (along with placing their drinks order haha).

On getting back to the clubhouse, not a surprise to see people had hung around for the free tipple but the a class touch from the chairman and the head pro, they greeted me into the clubhouse to a round of applause from all and thankfully mentioned the insurance to pay the bar bill! Needless to say, a good few whiskeys and beers were supped and the memory will never ever leave me. Absolutely on cloud nine! I also found out from the chairman that it is the 1st hole in one at my club since 21st May 2019.

It just reminded me why we all play this game, we’re worlds away from the pros but it’s a social sport to be enjoyed on the most part but mainly of heartache and missed opportunities. But, just but, every now and again dashed with a spot of magic that’s keeps up coming back to tee up time and time again.

I love this game.

Until I shank it on the 1st next week! ;)

Fantastic write-up. I’ve never met you, and have no idea who you are, but I’m really pleased for you ????

Carlwm

Visit site
That's outstanding. Congrats! (y)

I had on once. Absolutely perfect as long as you count the foot golf hole on an adjacent green as legitimate. :ROFLMAO:

evemccc

Visit site
How does the insurance thing work then? Is it included in memberships or is it an optional extra to add on?

evemccc

Visit site
We have it included as part of our membership. I also have it as part of my Golf Insurance so double winner!

So basically zero downside to getting a hole in one then, I’ll have to look into my club…if it’s included then I’ll have to start aiming at the flag on par 3s?

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
So basically zero downside to getting a hole in one then, I’ll have to look into my club…if it’s included then I’ll have to start aiming at the flag on par 3s?
You mean you haven't been aiming at the flag all these years?!?!? ?