Hitting Rescue/Hybrid

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
How do you hit your rescue, do you hit down on it or sweep it like a fairway wood ?
My rescue is 20 degrees so 3/4 iron, but I sweep it off the deck.
How do you play yours ?

depends what sort of shot i'm after, if i want to have less spin on it and run, i try and sweep it a bit. But if i want to get it up and carry something i will hit it like an iron.

Mine is an 18 deg so a 2 iron really

Khamelion

Tour Winner
Visit site
Sweep it, sometimes use it off the tee as well. Second at whickham shortish down hill par 4 a 3 wood or driver normally puts me at that awkward in between clubs distance, but the hybrid leaves me at PW distance.

jusme

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
depends what sort of shot i'm after, if i want to have less spin on it and run, i try and sweep it a bit. But if i want to get it up and carry something i will hit it like an iron.

Mine is an 18 deg so a 2 iron really

Exactly this.....the man clearly knows what hes doing :)

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk
Same swing for every club. The irons take a bigger divot because they are naturally played further back in the stance. Also, the divot is mainly caused by the reaction of the club when striking the ball - the ball goes up, the club goes down into the turf. Close up slo mo video demonstrates this. I don't think you should be striking down on an iron, or a hybrid. Keep the hands ahead of the ball, yes, but catch the ball at the low point of the swing.

Spear-Chucker

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Sweep it mainly like most of my shots (still with a very slight divot) unless I'm after a high fade in which case I'm gonna have to carve out more of a hole to get the height and stop it quickly.