hitting it fat!!

Simbo

Tour Rookie
Visit site
ok,

whats the main cause of hitting it fat??

im becoming increasingly frustrated with the amount of times i hit it fat,

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
There's a few reasons for hitting it fat and you could be doing one or all of them. Most common would be (1)too much weight on the right side (2)too much spine tilt to the right (3)releasing the club too early on the downswing.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
There's a few reasons for hitting it fat and you could be doing one or all of them. Most common would be (1)too much weight on the right side (2)too much spine tilt to the right (3)releasing the club too early on the downswing.

I agree...(again :))

Try and keep your body centred on the ball during the swing so your club bottoms out just after impact.
In other words, turn, dont sway.
If you can, video your swing and see what your head and upper body do during the swing and report back, there's a good chap. :)

Simbo

Tour Rookie
Visit site
ok, il try and get a video up of it, i actually feel that im playing the ball further back than i should be because of this problem

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
This might sound a little knobby but see if you can also video a swing in SLOW MOTION, both front and down the line views.... swing the club slowwwwlllyyyyyy :)

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
I hit a ball fat the other day.

No, really.

After getting over it, I realised that the ball was at least 4" inches above my feet.

I do wonder sometimes.....I mean, you play for years and then fall foul of the most basic schoolboy errors.

In reply to the OP, hit lots of balls with your feet together. That'll help - i.m.o.

sona

Assistant Pro
Visit site
During my lesson last week I was told that I was hitting it fat due to releasing my wrists too early. Try to feel the release just after the ball.

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com

I agree...(again :))

Careful Bob! :p

... are you out of pills again? :D :D

(Just in case... it's PIKE!)