Hips

Society_Fan

Head Pro
www.rigsgolf.co.uk
Hi,
I'm really struggling to get my hips open at impact. It is as if my body gets stuck halfway down and stops turning. My hands and arms then have to time the shot which will happen for around 6 holes around july time!

Any ideas (swing thoughts) to improve? :D

percy_layer

Challenge Tour Pro
www.davidord.com
Are you sliding your hips to the target too much?

Is your weight going onto the toes of your left foot on the throughswing?

where is your left foot pointing when hitting the ball?

There are a lot of causes, would need to see your swing Face On and Down the Line preferably to get an idea what you could do.

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
I noticed I had this problem back in the summer (on video).

What I did (and if this sounds silly, so be it) was to work on dropping the club into the slot on the way down (9 o'clock, if you like) and then hit the ball simply by turning my hips.

Start SLOW, get the feeling, build up speed.

I got so good at it I played marvellously for a while, often drawing the ball too.

redcatjazz

Hacker
Visit site
you have to try a few swing thoughts/triggers to see which one works for you - and you may find one that works for a little while and then stops working, so the search may continue for quite some time.

One that worked for me was everything back together, everything through together - with this thought, the lower body actually clears first on the downswing, so it worked very nicely for me for a while. The other is consciously leaving your hands, arms and club behind as you start down, the thought being that you are "hitting" the shot with your lower body. Hope one of these may help you. Check out Jim McLean's book "8 Steps" (something along those lines)

Cheers,
Jason