Highwoods, Saturday 23rd May.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Anybody fancy making up a fourball at my new club, Highwoods, on the above date?
Checked the club diary, day is fairly clear so shouldn't be a problem getting off.
Played yesterday, tees and fairways are in superb condition, greens were a little "bumpy" having had a lot of work carried out on them over the last couple of months, but another 4 weeks should see them in perfect condition.
I think the guests green fee is £25.00 at the week-end and I can sign up to three guests in.
Rob

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Anybody fancy making up a fourball at my new club, Highwoods, on the above date?
Checked the club diary, day is fairly clear so shouldn't be a problem getting off.
Played yesterday, tees and fairways are in superb condition, greens were a little "bumpy" having had a lot of work carried out on them over the last couple of months, but another 4 weeks should see them in perfect condition.
I think the guests green fee is £25.00 at the week-end and I can sign up to three guests in.
Rob

Yes please Smiffy! I've driven past Highwoods on my way to play at my Brothers course - Seddlescombe. Always thought it looked like a good course, it also has a Tennis Academy attached doesn't it?

Cheers,

Golfmmad.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Always thought it looked like a good course, it also has a Tennis Academy attached doesn't it?

Cheers,

Golfmmad.

Errrr.....not as far as I know mate.
You're not thinking of that academy place on the main road down from Herstmonceux are you?
Ours is just a golf course....
And you are more than welcome to come down.
Which would you prefer, morning or afternoon (afternoon might be easier)
Rob

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Afternoon is fine for me, thanks.

I must be thinking of somewhere else re. the academy then.
So is Highwoods not on that road from Hurstmonceux? :D

Golfmmad.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Well it is, sort of. But you can't see it from the main road. If you follow that road down towards Bexhill, you will eventually see a turning on the right called St Marys Lane. Turn right down here (watch out, it's quite tight and twisty) and keep going until you get to the end. Almost directly opposite you will see Ellerslie Lane, and the clubhouse and car park are literally 100 yards up on the right hand side.

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Thanks for that Smiffy, I've now got the map, which is what I should have done in the first place, and see where you mean.
Looking at the map I can see where I got mixed up, it's Windmill Hill golf and tennis academy.
Think I might be better off taking the A259 coast road and turning left off Little Common road up Broadoak Lane,Deerswood Lane and left into Ellerslie Lane with clubhouse on left, as I won't need to be on the top road.

Golfmmad.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Or you could take the second exit off the Little Common Roundabout (Peartree Lane) and go to the top, turn right and then Ellerslie Lane is about half a mile down there on the right hand side. Going in that way, you will go right past the practice ground. But you seem to have found where it is, so will look forward to meeting up with you on the day. I will let you know nearer the day what time we are off...unfortunately Highwoods is one of the stoopid clubs where you can't book a tee time in advance. Bit annoying but four of us went there yesterday and managed to knock off straight away.
If we don't manage to make up a fourball from forum members I have a couple of mates who would love to come down and join us, but I will leave it open for the moment as I would like to give the opportunity to guys on here to have a game first.

Rob

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Ok Rob, Peartree Lane looks more direct and straight forward.
Likewise, will look forward to meeting up on the day, I'll probably get there an hour before - be good to have a chat 'n drink beforehand. Hopefully, some other forummers will join in.
Chris,

Golfmmad.

CrapHacker

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Always thought it looked like a good course, it also has a Tennis Academy attached doesn't it?

Cheers,

Golfmmad.

Errrr.....not as far as I know mate.
You're not thinking of that academy place on the main road down from Herstmonceux are you?

Rob

Gone.

Tennis and golf centre is no more. It's being converted into some kind of day centre / activity centre for local / depraved kids.

Or something.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Bugger....
it looks like I may have to cancel this meet lads. My boss has informed me that I am working that Saturday after all. I will have a further chat with him tomorrow and confirm by Monday at the latest.... :( :( :( :(

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Yep, I'm sorry lads, I have to work on that Saturday. My manager has informed me that he is off that day so the place will be unmanned if I don't go in.... I will try to fix a game up in a few weeks time when I am sure I have the time off.

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Sorry you won't be able to make it Smiffy - work eh, who invented that? :D
How about somewhere else guys, leftie, HTL? Any thoughts?

Golfmmad.