High, Low, Mid...?

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
i suppose for me its all about experience from playing windy conditions on a regular basis.

Find i can manipulate the ball pretty well most of the time, but from time to time you can get it horribly wrong.

not just about ball position, but also grip strength and swing arc.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
i suppose for me its all about experience from playing windy conditions on a regular basis.

Find i can manipulate the ball pretty well most of the time, but from time to time you can get it horribly wrong.

not just about ball position, but also grip strength and swing arc.

Plus putting in the effort and practice.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Eddie Pepperels low punch is 82 ft apex, and his high ball was 119.

Low, 82 ft. I don't get anywhere near that.
Comparing yourself to a tour player always ends in tears.
Don’t forget ho far he hits it not just how high , you need height to get length. There are exceptions links etc.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I would say I'm on the low/middle side of things. It can be an issue in the summer as the ball isn't coming in from as high as many others but it's not something I'd actively think about. Direction and dispersion are my main considerations. I have an idea of how to manipulate flight (well make it lower) so can get it around in windy days like today.

Dasit

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I am a 12 handicap but feel I can hit high balls whenever needed

My standard iron is mid to low, very penetrating flight. I usually cut my follow through like Fleetwood does.

If I want to hit it high I just get a feeling of throwing the club head at the top and complete the follow through, it goes maybe twice the height and will get over tall trees or stop quickly on greens.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Plus putting in the effort and practice.
lessons have helped as well;)

i always struggled with a fade with my flat swing, but my pro started to get me more upright in the backswing and that allowed me to hit a fade off the tee, which i'd not been able to do before. We then started on manipulation, high, low, spin, run etc. its amazing what you can learn from lessons;)

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
lessons have helped as well;)

i always struggled with a fade with my flat swing, but my pro started to get me more upright in the backswing and that allowed me to hit a fade off the tee, which i'd not been able to do before. We then started on manipulation, high, low, spin, run etc. its amazing what you can learn from lessons;)

I have a lesson on Wednesday using trackman. Looking forward to finding out I carry 310!

Wedge 155 etc

😂