Hero Challenge tonight

Spoorsy

Club Champion
Visit site
A Lad at work told me, if you go to the tented village there's a close house stand, and for a £10 you spin the wheel to win a prize.
The worst prize being a 1-ball on the filly course!

Khamelion

Tour Winner
Visit site
Going up with wor lass, catch the lay of the land, as if it's fair in the morning. I'm going up to the pro-am and got free tickets for me and my dad for Thursday.

Dogma

Assistant Pro
Visit site
The chap that runs 'The Club' seems an absolute bellend from what he writes as well as the videos series he's started doing for them.

I don't know what demographic they're trying to target, but it comes across as arrogant and crass.

No wonder they don't get any special media privileges (which they often moan about).

upanddown

Assistant Pro
Visit site
The chap that runs 'The Club' seems an absolute bellend from what he writes as well as the videos series he's started doing for them.

I don't know what demographic they're trying to target, but it comes across as arrogant and crass.

No wonder they don't get any special media privileges (which they often moan about).

Completely agree!

Unfollowed them due to that tit they had in the Callaway videos.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Watched for about 10mins.
Looked like a Golf juice Tv meets Gladiators.
Add Vernon Kay to the mix and it's just cringeworthy.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
A Lad at work told me, if you go to the tented village there's a close house stand, and for a £10 you spin the wheel to win a prize.
The worst prize being a 1-ball on the filly course!

thats right, there were 3 of up there, we all had a go, and the 3 of us got a voucher for a round, one of the lads got a voucher for breakfast as well.

From memory there are 5 possible prizes

1. 2 ball on the Colt
2. 1 ball on the Colt
3. 2 ball on the Filly
4. 1 ball on the Filly plus breakfast
5. 1 ball on the Filly

odds are you will get number 5 as there are 5 or 6 of them on the board, and only 1 each of the others, but you are guaranteed to win a prize, so not bad value for a tenner.

tented village not bad, but pretty busy, probably because they let everyone in at the same time, should be a bit quieter later in the week.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Watched for about 10mins.
Looked like a Golf juice Tv meets Gladiators.
Add Vernon Kay to the mix and it's just cringeworthy.

no-one is going to pretend it's the future of golf, but it was a fun evening, aimed at families and youngsters. if it gets a few of them interested enough to take up the game, it's a good thing. Has to be said though, Kirsty Gallacher has to be the worst interviewer ever.

Car park was a bit shambolic afterwards, a few more stewards would have helped, and whoever thought it was a good idea to close the A69 eastbound this week needs taking out and shooting.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Interesting to hear the last sentence. Having been lucky enough to go to Florida on holiday previously and visited Disney and a basketball game, the key to free flowing car parks is bodies on the ground directing the traffic. If you have that it works. Not just signs, bodies waving you where to go, when to go. Frustrating if they have not organised that better this week.

Horrified by what you say about the A69. How clueless.

Reemul

Head Pro
Visit site
no-one is going to pretend it's the future of golf, but it was a fun evening, aimed at families and youngsters. if it gets a few of them interested enough to take up the game, it's a good thing. Has to be said though, Kirsty Gallacher has to be the worst interviewer ever

My kids enjoyed it, I found it bit cringy at times, Kirsty is rubbish and Vernon not a lot better. that Geordie Shore lad was out of his depth as well. I would have liked a longer Par 3, 120 yards is a PW to then, make it 180 would have been better.

Still it is a good set up for the real golf to come.. could be a good 4 days of golf.