Help !!

DCB

Visit site
Spent an hour at the range tonight and hit a wide variety of shots. Some were so wide they almost cleared the boundary fence.

No I know it's been almost two months since I played, but I just cant believe I was that bad. I hit a few shanks, a few hooks (scared about shanking) and a few thins. Anyone got a nice drill to help find their natural swing speed and rhythm and to stop those shanks ?

I feel as if there's too much hip slide as opposed to rotation tbh :(

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Start off will half swings back and through, keeping the lower half very quiet.
Then, keeping the backswing the same, gradually increase the length of the follow through until you feel the contact improve.
Then swing back a little longer

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Try standing feet together with a 7 iron, ball central and an nice rhythmic swing - works for me when things not going well

Chris

DCB

Visit site
Well, after another couple of sessions at Kings Acre things have finally started to come together.

Taking Bobs advice (sound as always) I managed to find the middle of the club on the shorter swing shots whilst out there on Wednesday evening.

Today I went along again, it felt different in daylight ! A gradual build up and before long I was able to knock a 4 iron off the mat on a good flight and a reasonable distance. There's a lot more to do, but with only 7 weeks or so to our opening competition I'b better start making an effort.

Thanks again for your help guys :)