Help with my Swing

AuburnWarrior

Tour Winner
Visit site
It's worth noting that the Driver is one of the most difficult clubs to master.

Keep your back straight, you're a bit hunched over at the top of your back.
There doesn't appear to be much of a turn which will mean that you won't generate much clubhead speed. Work on getting the hips involved in your turn.
Your balance looks a bit off as well, seeing as your right foot comes forward to face the direction of the ball.

You seem to have a nice swing there.

Where was the video taken, by the way?

Welling

Hacker
Visit site
thanks for the comments, i do have trouble keeping my back straight because when i bend my knees in order to straighten up it feels really un-natural, not sure how to explain it really.
the video was taken this morning at chelsfield lakes in orpington.
you looking forward to the 16th october?

AuburnWarrior

Tour Winner
Visit site
thanks for the comments, i do have trouble keeping my back straight because when i bend my knees in order to straighten up it feels really un-natural, not sure how to explain it really.
the video was taken this morning at chelsfield lakes in orpington.
you looking forward to the 16th october?

It does feel un-natural. The best way to describe it, and my Wife summed it up perfectly when she said "all professional golfers look like they're having a poo!". So, stick your bum out, straighten your back and it'll cure a number of problems.
Chelsfield lakes. The place with only one lake and you've got no chance of going into it unless you hit a 90 degree hook!!!
Mate, six points of you this season - all day long..... :p

Welling

Hacker
Visit site
It does feel un-natural. The best way to describe it, and my Wife summed it up perfectly when she said "all professional golfers look like they're having a poo!". So, stick your bum out, straighten your back and it'll cure a number of problems.
Chelsfield lakes. The place with only one lake and you've got no chance of going into it unless you hit a 90 degree hook!!!
yeah thats the place, and yes i hooked it in the lake today!! ok next time down the range im gonna try doing a pooh as i swing and post the results on here!!
6 points!! ha ha no chance, we're on fire at the moment. :)

AuburnWarrior

Tour Winner
Visit site
yeah thats the place, and yes i hooked it in the lake today!! ok next time down the range im gonna try doing a pooh as i swing and post the results on here!!
6 points!! ha ha no chance, we're on fire at the moment. :)

We're gonna be putting that fire right out!!! :p

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hi it looks like you are reaching for the ball quite a bit, try standing closer to the ball.

Also check your alignment because the clip makes it look like you have a really closed stance. You probably heard the railway track analogy before, the ball should be on 1 rail and your feet on the other aiming left but parallel to the target line.

RoyPalmer

Medal Winner
www.play-better-golf.com
Here's my two-pennies worth in addition to the other good advice here. It looks like you may be tightening down the front of your torso which could explain why your upper back is slumped forward. Try this technique at my website for getting into your stance as it may help you maintain a straight back without stiffening - which obviously won't help.