Help with id ?

Johnp87

Visit site
Hi i bought these on the weekend as my first set of irons but cant find any info online? I cant seem to find any maxfli irons with the tungsten weight system at all. Any ideas ? cheers

Attachments

• 20170827_131932 EDIT.jpg
    20170827_131932 EDIT.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 88

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I seem to recall that these, or something similar, were sold by JJB Sports before they went bust.
They had deals with some manufacturers to produce exclusive product fornthem.
The Taylor made R5 had a version that was made for JJB and I'm sure they had similar with the likes of Maxfli and Slazenger.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I would agree one of the cheaper sets from the likes of JJB. Brought out after Maxfli was bought out by TaylorMade/Adidas.

I doubt that you would find specs for them anywhere.

General Fade

Medal Winner
Visit site
Hi John87

What is it you need to know and have you hit them yet?

Sorry to be short in answering but what is your intention and why did you buy them?

Cheers Fade

Johnp87

Visit site
i bought them because they were cheap and being my first set of clubs it wouldnt matter to much if i didn't get on with the sport. i have hit a few balls down the local range and they felt nice but i haven't got anything to compare with.i just found it strange that there just stamped maxfli and not any model on there the shafts have rs on them but thats it . i was hoping to find a matching 8 iron that is missing from the set. thanks

General Fade

Medal Winner
Visit site
Hi John87
Apologies as I seemed to have misread your initial post. Sound thinking though getting them as first set.

A similar club you might think about in the 8 iron is the maxfli evolution as it looks very similar and may feel/ play similar. E-bay has some.

Good luck with the golf and hope you enjoy it.

Cheers, Fade