Help with driver please!!

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
Can anyone give me some advice on how to hit straighter more consistently with my driver?
:D

Welcome. The $1,000,000 question.

Try to create a half decent swing, then practice.

If you can't do the first on your own, go for a lesson. If you aren't prepared to do the second, enjoy playing even if some shots are rubbish!
:)

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
I found putting in a good follow through certainly helps, I have a habit of a full backswing but stopping short on the through swing and it seems to be those drives that suffer.

Nardy

Visit site
Thanks for the advice guys... I played today ( all be it a horrendous round) and had some advice from some friends that I should change my grip to stop opening the club face when driving.
What do you think?

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
The grip is very important.
To hit the ball straight, you need to have a straight swing path and a clubface pointing in the same direction.
You may have issues in your swing which is making it difficult for you to achieve this.
Whilst help from friends is well intentioned, it's not always the correct advice.
I would suggest you see your local pro.
That way, you know what your problems are and how to fix them, instead of trying out a dozen cures from your mates which may take months to discover they are all wrong.

Good luck :D