Help Required

mtaylor2012

Visit site
Hi

Im new to this forum and pretty new to the sport also but please bare with me. I have been given a set of clubs by a family member which are Mizuno Forged TP-10 Blades, from doing a bit of research i cant actually find out alot about these clubs apart from there apparently quite rare and from the early 1990's see below:

'The TP-10 was in the range from 1990-94 fitted as standard with an R200 Dynamic Gold shaft.'

Now i have tried to play with these and i have to be honest they are very difficult to try and learn the sport with! But what i would like to do is trade them in or possibly sell them and put that money towards getting myself a more beginner friendly set.

Does anyone, anywhere have any idea as to what these clubs are or how much they might be worth so i can sort myself a set of clubs i can learn with?!

Any help would be much appreciated!

Marc

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
if i was you i would keep them until you are better. you will look back in a year or two and wish you still had them.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
the TP10s were one of Mizunos top end blades in the 90s, designed to be used by the better players (low handicap amateurs and professionals) and as you have ascertained are by no means ideal for a beginner (whilst beautiful looking irons most on here would struggle to hit them!)

As for current value, I expect even in great condition that you would be looking at £100 for them, and less if the condition is poor. Maybe worth trying golfbidder and seeing whether they would buy them and what they quote you, otherwise going to be a case of popping them on ebay and seeing what you get for them.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
at that rate you may as well keep them until you are good enough to hit them. it will feel like christmas day in the middle of summer some year ;)

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
The TP10 is a blade which was aimed at senior golfers who wanted a traditional look, but had a lowish centre of gravity to give some height, and had a softish R200 shaft. I am not aware that they are collectible.

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Golfbidder wont touch older clubs, I think if memory serves anything over 7 years!

Either ebay (as there are none on there so maybe someone wants them) or just hang on to them and try them when you are better.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
To be honest I don't think they wil be of any great value and won't increase if you keep hold of them until you improve. My advice would be get them on e-bay and use the money for a course of lessons