Help needed on golf balls

DaveM

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hi looking for a good distance ball but with spin and feel around the green. Let me explain. I have slowed my swing rather than belting it as hard as I can. Now have good direction from the tee. Hit about 15-16 fairways off the tee now in a round. But due to the slower swing could do with more distance from the tee. So what I am looking for is a ball that gives good distance/low spin of the tee. But feel/spin around the green. Does anyone make something like that. With the cost of balls, I dont want to have to try everything out there. Need a short list sort of. Any help would be great and most likely save me MONEY.

G_Mulligan

Tour Rookie
www.thegolfpsychologist.co.uk
Only a personal recommendation as I have no idea on the balls stats but I was looking for a ball just like you and tried the Srixon Trispeed and have been very pleased on all accounts.

You could always buy a sleeve of several types and try them all out.

NWJocko

Tour Winner
Visit site
Got some NXT Tour with some winnings and very impressed with them if I'm honest.

One of the lads I play with has started using Callaway Diablo Tour (I think) and seems very happy with them aswell.

Mightymoose

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I've generally use either the Noodle+ or Titliest So/Lo balls, but recently won a sleeve of Srixon Distance balls, which i've been really impressed with.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Wilson Staff DX2/DX3 are the ones for me that fit this category perfectly. I have used the E6 before as well and would happily recommend them.

Essex_Stu

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I like the Wilson DX2 and they are very good value when AG have them on a deal. However I have been going through them at a rapid rate recently so have switched to Nike Mojo for a month until the DX2 come back on offer

G1BB0

Money List Winner
Visit site
big thumbs up for the Callaway Diablo HX Tour... very nice indeed although around the £20 mark a dozen

I am down to my last 3 but would definitely buy again if I can find a decent deal, prefer them to AD333 but still use them a lot also

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Maxfli Noodles in the autumn, winter and spring time at around £10 per doz. Decent ball in the comps in the summer

Chris

palindromicbob

Tour Winner
Visit site
If there are any holes with a wooded area (preferably to the right) at your local course you could spend an hour walking about it and probably get a nice wee selection to try out. Especially just after the weekend of a big comp!

Just back from my "walk". Took the dog and came back with NXT, Pro v1 and 1x, Srixon AD333, an E6, my own lost Nike PD soft and a few others. All clean and new looking and probably ended up there between Friday and this evening as I take that walk quite frequently to keep the shag bag stocked.

Also very handy way to get a wee collection of fluorescent balls together for the winter ;)

DaveM

Tour Winner
Visit site
If there are any holes with a wooded area (preferably to the right) at your local course you could spend an hour walking about it and probably get a nice wee selection to try out. Especially just after the weekend of a big comp!

Just back from my "walk". Took the dog and came back with NXT, Pro v1 and 1x, Srixon AD333, an E6, my own lost Nike PD soft and a few others. All clean and new looking and probably ended up there between Friday and this evening as I take that walk quite frequently to keep the shag bag stocked.

Also very handy way to get a wee collection of fluorescent balls together for the winter ;)

LOL I like your thinking.

DaveM

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hi Bob. Hitting it between 200-250 yrds. Nearer the 200 as the 250 takes the run into account as well. The balls are Nike "power distance, super soft". they are not made anymore. I got 10 boxes of them about 5 or 6 years ago. I am now down to my last 3 boxes. Hence the need for a new replacement ball. That new taylormade 5 piece ball sounds good, if expensive (dont mind the cost as I dont loose many ball). Famous last words will most likely loose 5 next time out now lol.