Help For Heroes 2017 Hankley Common 13th September

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
donation paid for myself and 1 guest. hoping that another good friend will join us and will confirm/make the payment ASAP.

Twinman

Visit site
We are off again ! Next years Help For Heroes charity golf day has been booked for Wednesday 13th September 2017, at Hankley Common Golf Club

Hankley Common is a stunning golf course ranked 34th in the latest Golf Monthly top 100 UK courses. The course first opened in 1897 as a nine holer, and in 1922 James Braid advised on the addition of a further 9 holes. Harry Colt also advised on changes to some of the holes. Bobby Locke described Hankley as the closest resemblance to a seaside links. Over the years trees have grown up, but the course still has a wild look in parts, and is set in the most beautiful heathland, perhaps only matched by Sunningdale.

A green fee at Hankley Common is normally £100, but thanks to some great negotiating by our very own Mike Harris, we will be paying £60 for bacon rolls on arrival, 18 holes of golf, and a three course roast lunch. This is just £5 more than we paid at Camberley this year, and we get an extra meal course ! We also get to play in September, which will hopefully mean warmer weather, and we will catch the course in it's best condition, with the heather still out. Hankley only do societies on a Tuesday and Wednesday, so it was not easy to get in, but they very kindly moved a small society to another time to accommodate us. By playing on a Wednesday is should be easier to arrange games on the Tuesday and Thursday for those that want to do a mini tour.

The donation to the H4H charity will be £30 this year, so the total cost will be £90, which is the same as this year.

A big thank you to Mike for his sterling efforts, and also to Hankley Common Golf Club for being so accommodating.

If you would like a sneak preview of the course, please have a look on their website www.hankley.co.uk

The course is in Tilford which is three miles from Farnham. Yes it is just up the road from where I live.;) There is a Travelodge in Aldershot which is probably the closet to the course, approx 5 miles.

I will set up a Justgiving H4H charity website for the 2017 event shortly, so please do not make any contributions to the current 2016 site

Start making plans.:thup:
twinman
Really exciting , want to take part this year.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
twinman
Really exciting , want to take part this year.

Simply make a £30 donation to the just giving site Stephen in either mine or Richart's signature stating 'Donation' along with your forum and real name

Thank you

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Simply make a £30 donation to the just giving site Stephen in either mine or Richart's signature stating 'Donation' along with your forum and real name

Thank you

I know it's not something you are used to considering but it appears your signature has been RELEGATED.... somewhere :confused:

Fish

Banned
Visit site
I know it's not something you are used to considering but it appears your signature has been RELEGATED.... somewhere :confused:

It doesn't show when I'm on my iPhone for some reason, people just need to scroll to a post that shows it when I've posted from my PC.