Help buying clubs - Is this a reasonable setup?

BornSlippy1994

Medal Winner
Visit site
Hey everyone,

New member but hopefully someone can offer some advice, it would be much appreciated!

Basically, in the past couple of months I've got back into golf, playing with a couple of mates (and using their spare clubs) and I've very much caught the bug again. Used to play about 8 years ago (when I was 14) and played off 12 at my lowest.

Obviously I'm not back at that standard yet (shooting 18-25+ on average atm) but feel that I should be able to quickly get back to that level as I'm twice as big as I used to be so just need my short game to reappear.

Anyway, I'm looking to buy myself a 'new' set of clubs. I have about £400-£450 to spend, all in, and really want a set that will last me a decent amount of time so will have been looking at quality clubs second hand as I don't fancy a cheap set of new clubs that are ****.

Currently, within my price range I've managed to find a few deals, which would mean I'd have the following in my bag:

Driver: Ping G15
Woods: Ping G15 3 Wood, Ping G15 Hybrid
Irons: Mizuno MX-25 4-PW, Mizuno MP SW
Putter: Odyssey White Hot XG #9

I can manage to get the above for £430. Does this sound like a decent deal(s)? All the clubs I've found are in very good condition considering their age, so hopefully once I've spent some money on them they'll be able to stay with me until my game drastically improves (if it ever does...)

Any help would be amazing, cheers!

Last edited:

Doh

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Welcome to the forum.
That seems a little expensive to me have a look on eBay or golf bidder they will give you a clue on price.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Hey everyone,

New member but hopefully someone can offer some advice, it would be much appreciated!

Basically, in the past couple of months I've got back into golf, playing with a couple of mates (and using their spare clubs) and I've very much caught the bug again. Used to play about 8 years ago (when I was 14) and played off 12 at my lowest.

Obviously I'm not back at that standard yet (shooting 18-25+ on average atm) but feel that I should be able to quickly get back to that level as I'm twice as big as I used to be so just need my short game to reappear.

Anyway, I'm looking to buy myself a 'new' set of clubs. I have about £400-£450 to spend, all in, and really want a set that will last me a decent amount of time so will have been looking at quality clubs second hand as I don't fancy a cheap set of new clubs that are ****.

Currently, within my price range I've managed to find a few deals, which would mean I'd have the following in my bag:

Driver: Ping G15
Woods: Ping G15 3 Wood, Ping G15 Hybrid
Irons: Mizuno MX-25 4-PW, Mizuno MP SW
Putter: Odyssey White Hot XG #9

I can manage to get the above for £430. Does this sound like a decent deal(s)? All the clubs I've found are in very good condition considering their age, so hopefully once I've spent some money on them they'll be able to stay with me until my game drastically improves (if it ever does...)

Any help would be amazing, cheers!

Seems an entirely adequate choice!

Price does seem a tad high, so perhaps a bit of negiation might be in order.

Make sure you try the putter out and are comfortable with it - as opposed to it being part of the deal. Putters are distinctly 'personal'! Certainly a good quality putter, but not worth including in any deal if it doesn't feel right!