Health & Safety OTT.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
We are supposed to book a tee time even when the course is empty or the pro shop is shut. It takes seconds to do using the IG App and in general I believe the request by the club is pretty well adhered to.
We have to book as well, my point is that as per the OP's requirement to then also advise the pro shop that you are actually there and going out, that can't be done when the shop closes and the pro goes home

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Surely booking via BRS takes care of this anyway.
BRS is also useful for clubs to assess demand and peak times, particularly when offering deals
It should, but not everyone who books actually shows at our place. I don't think we are unique in that way. Busy course, people book multiple slots in advance, forget they have booked some, don't care enough to cancel............Perhaps there could be a way to confirm playing via the system?

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Surely booking via BRS takes care of this anyway.
BRS is also useful for clubs to assess demand and peak times, particularly when offering deals

While it may not be the case for the OP club, booking every physical player with a date and time is the ideal way to measure course ‘occupancy’

As you say this is needed info if a club wants to release tee-times outside its membership for societies or visitors or to do deals
Scheduling certain maintenance tasks to have minimum overlap with players is also made easier if the club know when the course is used heavily/lightly
it can also influence the staff schedule for bar & restaurant and other back office tasks

Just changing tee markers/pin positions can be planned better by knowing the rate of course traffic i.e don’t just change them after xy period of time but change after number of rounds played