Headcam

vig

Tour Winner
Visit site
Does any of you technophobes out there know of an headcam that would be compatible with a sony handycam?

I was thinking of doing a course review in video mode seen from the golfers eye rather than the panoramic shots.

I'm not looking to shelve out something ridiculous like £900.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I think head cam shots will make the viewer feel very dizzy. Give it a go by all means, but I think it is destined to be a bit puke making.

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Vig, most camcorders and digi cams are at best 30 fps, this makes for a choppy video when not mounted on something solid. You might be better getting a tripod and doing it film style.

vig

Tour Winner
Visit site
That may do the trick.
I was thinking on the lines of a small unit strapped to my head that I could give a golfers eye view of the course. Probably filmed 3 - 6 holes at a time.

This idea came about when I looked on the website for my course and thought that it didn't actually look like that. Still pictures just doesn't do a course justice.

Then I thought, i could do this at other courses and build up some sort of library.

It's going to be a long winter, just something to keep me going :D

vig

Tour Winner
Visit site
Vig, most camcorders and digi cams are at best 30 fps, this makes for a choppy video when not mounted on something solid. You might be better getting a tripod and doing it film style.

I have a sony camcorder with hard drive and thought I might as well make use of it. Don't know if i could be ar$ed carrying a tripod around.