Heacham Manor

MrC

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Hi all

I am going there for weekend golf break

Has anyone played it? Any good? Any practice facilities? (Website looks like they are at course next door but are they walking distance)

Thanks

full_throttle

Tour Winner
Visit site
There are nets available near the first tee. OR, you could walk across the course to the tenthh tee where you will fns a driving range.

The course next door is owned by the same company, it's a short 9 hole links styeld course

As for the course, it's OK, nothing special as it's still growing, work has been dome on a few holes but as I only play there once a year I'm maybe not the best to judge.

MrC

Assistant Pro
Visit site
There are nets available near the first tee. OR, you could walk across the course to the tenthh tee where you will fns a driving range.

The course next door is owned by the same company, it's a short 9 hole links styeld course

As for the course, it's OK, nothing special as it's still growing, work has been dome on a few holes but as I only play there once a year I'm maybe not the best to judge.

Thanks, that sounds ok. Don’t mind a bit of walk to hit a few balls.

Reviews say it’s open but looks a bit of water.

full_throttle

Tour Winner
Visit site
My parents have a place next door to the course, MY BiL was there and I am told that water was being pumped of the course this weekend. It's not normally like that, but due to the amount of rain the rivers are struggling to cope.

When are you going?

full_throttle

Tour Winner
Visit site

MrC

Assistant Pro
Visit site

drewster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I'm going there in July for a golf weekend too. Playing Kings Lynn on the Friday and 36 at Heacham on the Saturday whilst staying there both nights. I'm very interested to hear your feedback. It would be great if you could update us all on this thread afterwards.

MrC

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I'm going there in July for a golf weekend too. Playing Kings Lynn on the Friday and 36 at Heacham on the Saturday whilst staying there both nights. I'm very interested to hear your feedback. It would be great if you could update us all on this thread afterwards.

Kings Lynn looks a really nice course. I will certainly update with feedback...

full_throttle

Tour Winner
Visit site
Kings Lynn is a little gem, aways a friendly welcome and the course will be in great condition in July. If you are there for Friday 20th I'd happily join you as I'm staying in Hunstanton for a couple of days, that weekend.

Last edited:

drewster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Kings Lynn is a little gem, aways a friendly welcome and the course will be in great condition in July. If you are there for Friday 20th I'd happily join you as I'm staying in Hunstanton for a couple of days, that weekend.

Unfortunately not Sir, we're booked for the weekend of 6,7,8 of July. 12 of us get together every year and reminisce, take the p**s and play some golf too. Perhaps another time , maybe even at Hunstanton as that's a course i'd love to play !!!!

MrC

Assistant Pro
Visit site

Just come back from weekend at Heacham.

Hotel - very nice. Staff very friendly and helpful. Food good. Great room overlooking the 18th green.

Golf - range is a ten minute walk through the course. Small practice green by 1st tee.

Pro shop is small and only sells the essentials.

The course itself is very good imo. It looks very open and is. You can definitely get away with a few wayward drives (I did). However there is a lot of water and clever use of gorse (I found these). If you keep it straight then I can see how you can score really well but it’s not the pushover it looks.

Greens and fairway were in good condition.

Obviously we got very lucky with the weather but for the price we paid for golf, dinner bed and breakfast we got great value.

I would go back.

drewster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Just come back from weekend at Heacham.

Hotel - very nice. Staff very friendly and helpful. Food good. Great room overlooking the 18th green.

Golf - range is a ten minute walk through the course. Small practice green by 1st tee.

Pro shop is small and only sells the essentials.

The course itself is very good imo. It looks very open and is. You can definitely get away with a few wayward drives (I did). However there is a lot of water and clever use of gorse (I found these). If you keep it straight then I can see how you can score really well but it’s not the pushover it looks.

Greens and fairway were in good condition.

Obviously we got very lucky with the weather but for the price we paid for golf, dinner bed and breakfast we got great value.

I would go back.

You did get lucky with the weather !!!!! Thanks for the write up, looking forward to it now. Any comments on the food ?

MrC

Assistant Pro
Visit site
You did get lucky with the weather !!!!! Thanks for the write up, looking forward to it now. Any comments on the food ?

Dinner - I had salmon fishcakes and the seafood linguini which were both excellent and good size. A couple of colleagues had the pork and though nice was a little small (in their eyes)

Breakfast - great hot selection cooked to order. Pastries were good, cereals as well

Drink - Beer prices very reasonable £3.50 a pint