HDID, Masterscoreboard or......?

HughJars

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
What other software/sites do clubs use to manage their handicaps. For the first time ever I've come across clubs who don't use either, namely Bonar Bridge Ardgay, and Askernish. Anyone know what else there is?

D

Deleted member 15344

HDID is just a wed front end to show results etc - the software that clubs use to manage is Club Systems which are prob the biggest providers

The best one and the one that a lot of the top clubs are either on or moving to is Intelligent Golf - it is superior in every way to Club Systems but does cost a bit more

Handicap Master I believe is another

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
HandicapMaster is the Company that provides the Master Scoreboard software

Equivalent to Club Systems and Club2000/HDID - though HandicapMaster is all Web based, everything is there and up to date.

IntelligentGolf does seem to be the best system - Web based and tailorable (for a cost).

In the past, I've been a user of all the above, both simply as a Golfer and also as an Administrator. I'm not a fan of Club2000/HDID for a number of reasons, particularly the lack of support!

As far as I know, those are the 'Big 3', but if you want to know about other systems, check Congu documentation for the approved list of software suppliers.

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
IG for us for the last few years.

It's difficult to generalise about one system being better or worse, especially when clubs only use different parts.

The interested parties are handicap sec/committee, comp sec, match organisers (all on the one side) and the club members on the other, for various day to day activities.

If you only use IG for handicap management you won't see any real benefit over C2000/howdidido. Etc etc

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Our club does not subscribe to any other Databases. We just use the Intelligent Golf which is used for all systems within the club, financial as well as handicap etc.

D

Deleted member 15344

Our club does not subscribe to any other Databases. We just use the Intelligent Golf which is used for all systems within the club, financial as well as handicap etc.

Confusing statement - your club uses the IG software which has a cloud based database but also connects into the CDH database.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
If you only use IG for handicap management you won't see any real benefit over C2000/howdidido. Etc etc

As far as I know (please correct me if I'm wrong) HDID still requires action to send results from C2000 to the internet. With IG, (and MasterScorecard) the system is internet/cloud based, so no need to wait for that process.

HughJars

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
HDID is just a wed front end to show results etc - the software that clubs use to manage is Club Systems which are prob the biggest providers

The best one and the one that a lot of the top clubs are either on or moving to is Intelligent Golf - it is superior in every way to Club Systems but does cost a bit more

Handicap Master I believe is another
Yes I am aware of how hdid/club2000 operates.

Bonar & Askernish are both very small clubs, so rather unlikely they're using an expensive and unnecessary alternative, so it'll be a cheaper provider, just wondered if anyone knew others, congu website list is the answer I was looking for from the above. Thanks folks
👍

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
As far as I know (please correct me if I'm wrong) HDID still requires action to send results from C2000 to the internet. With IG, (and MasterScorecard) the system is internet/cloud based, so no need to wait for that process.

Handicapmaster which is the software that mangoes comp results and is the source data for Masterscoreboard is not internet/cloud based... it is a downloadable software that runs on a local PC from which you/the committee have to upload your results to Masterscoreboard and the CDH.

Previous responses have spoken about how IG costs "a bit" more.... when we had to change ISV's about ten years ago the difference between Handicapmaster/Club 2000 and IG was in the order of several thousand pounds in term soft initial setup and on going costs... so not just "a bit".... but it is a far more comprehensive application than either of the other systems. Obviously there is no point paying the premium if you are not going to utilise or benefit from the additional features available.

Last edited:

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Handicapmaster which is the software that mangoes comp results and is the source data for Masterscoreboard is not internet/cloud based... it is a downloadable software that runs on a local PC from which you/the committee have to upload your results to Masterscoreboard and the CDH.
Oh Dear! 'My Bad'! Doh!

The interface was far more 'transparently internet-ised' than C2000 though. From memory, you could run C2000 quite adequately without HDID. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think you could run HCapM/MScoreBoard without completing a competition by uploading the results.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Oh Dear! 'My Bad'! Doh!

The interface was far more 'transparently internet-ised' than C2000 though. From memory, you could run C2000 quite adequately without HDID. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think you could run HCapM/MScoreBoard without completing a competition by uploading the results.

I can confirm that Handicap Master can run totally separately and independently and you don't have to use MSBd. I run my own copy of the HM software, separate from the Clubs main system (for sad statistical analysis and learning about some of the functionality that we don't use on a day to day basis) and never upload anything as this would potentially cause conflict with the "Master" which is the clubs own computer.