Have facebook? Join my group please!

NotQuiteTiger

Club Champion
Visit site
Wow I had no idea facebook is so marmite! Thanks to all who have joined, and top everyone who doesnt like it, I completely understand so dont worry. However I must say that facebook is only childish, juvenile, etc. if you want it to be. I have regained contact with old school friends, work colleagues and family who live in south africa and australia! I dont use it at work and am not addicted, I come on here more than I do that. And I have to say I think the two are very similar!

Again many thanks to all who have joined!

Herbie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Herb, there are a couple of lads (and a lass) in my office who are damn near addicted to it, I have locked down their machines for internet use and they keep trying to get round the filters, they know its against company policy but still try...I just dont get it. Cant they just send daft messages outside work hours when they arnt supposed to be working?
Apologies, back on topic!

Its not my niece is it? lol I do feel sorry for you , as good as computers are for business they can be a nightmare too with staff misuse, I have witnessed it so often. I once watched a chap i worked with as a contractor, he worked with a major company, he started using the computer to do art work whilst at work, he got caught for the third time after failing to do his duty checks cos he got carried away for 6 hrs on PAINT! lol. Mind you if I told you about the dangers of his responsibilty should a automation failure occur in this particular factory it might scare you.

The main problem as I see it, is genuine addiction, I believe in time will become recognised as such.