"Have a great weekend"

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Those were the words a dear friend closed off a phone call today. She continues to fill her days with things on her bucket list, although she is now struggling with some of the more energetic things she wants to do.

Stage 4, metastacised breast cancer, now in her hip, spine, neck, head and liver. Chemo is uncomfortable, and prolonged as her white cell count continues to fall through the floor and is too slow to rise after each session.

Last week was Porsche week for her, just in time as, unfortunately, she has had her licence taken off her this week and now relies on public transport.

She is very open about how long she has, or how little time she has. And her many friends continue to arrange all manner of things to brighten her days. Sometimes its just the delivery of flowers or a cake but each day is made special in some small way at least.

She doesn't do "what if's" when something doesn't go quite right, its always "next time."

To you all, "have a great weekend," and change the "what if's" to "next time."

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Great thought provoking thread Hobbit. And puts things in perspective. It won't be on her bucket list but give her a Tashyboy cuddle from me which invokes lots of cuddling. All the best and have a good un from me and Missis T.

D

Deleted member 16999

We generally have no idea what people are coping with or going through.
She sounds a very brave, courageous woman, stay safe mate and yes “Have a great weekend”

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Yes have a great weekend. Doubt mine will be that good as off to Villa Park tomorrow.:mad:

Does mean a day with my daughter and a good mate, so perhaps not all bad.:)

Keeping looking for the positives.:thup:

D

Deleted member 1147

🍻 cheers Brian,

have a cracking weekend everyone!

An interesting read for me.
I’m the classic “what if” person. I always assume the worst, don’t take risks (financially or otherwise) and have held myself back accordingly.
I must push myself more and live life more!

User 99

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
As Steve McQueen once said, attack life, it's going to kill you anyway. Remember, no one gets out alive.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I have seen so much strength in people with life threatening issues, it really makes other things seem insignificant.

Grasp the day.

toyboy54

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Hobbit......Great post,one to make you think how lucky most of us are.She sounds a ballsy/positive lady,wish there was a different outcome for her-but sometimes life is S__T! in the hand you are dealt,Makes me realise how fortunate I've been in two cases where I wasn't expected to come out the other side.
I hope she(and you)keep going positively
Jimbo