Has the Lockdowns made you fatter or fitter?

Has lockdown made you fatter or fitter?

• Yes

Votes: 7 8.1%
  • No

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Stayed the same

Votes: 14 16.3%
  • fitter

Votes: 25 29.1%
  • fatter

Votes: 30 34.9%
  • weighed the same but fitter

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • weighed the same but not as fit

Votes: 7 8.1%
  • I'm just a moaner about everything.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Fatter. Have tried to get fitter by running. But each time I try, I end up with with knackered knees & have to stop. This last time was following couch to 5k - thought I was doing ok but got to three weeks and knees could take no more again. So, bring on the gym when they re-open.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
1/2 stone on, all around the waist ?. I'm confident it will come off once golf starts again and we can move around. I'd normally be doing more dog walks, longer and more interesting ones and playing golf. My wife is baking more through boredom and I'm daft enough to keep eating what she makes, bread and cakes. This will stop or reduce sufficiently to stop being an issue.

I've worked throughout but I'm eating more at home in the evenings, comfort eating the wrong things.

My head, waist and trouser buttons will be relieved once normality returns.

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Fatter. Have tried to get fitter by running. But each time I try, I end up with with knackered knees & have to stop. This last time was following couch to 5k - thought I was doing ok but got to three weeks and knees could take no more again. So, bring on the gym when they re-open.

I hate running, plus it can be hard on the joints. I'd go KB/DB snatches they increase speed/power and if you done snatches for metabolic conditioning you're lungs and heart will tell you as you find a friendship with the floor!

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
I was consciously aware 12 months ago that I needed to do something to keep fit if I was going to be stuck at home.

Once I’d managed to source some equipment, as buying any home exercise kit was both extremely difficult and costly because of the demand, I set up a bit of a gym in the garage. I do at least half an hour in there every day.

I’m also on my second pair of walking boots, having walked just shy of 900 miles during the last year. So, for my physical fitness, lockdown has actually been a good thing.

It needed to be, because my home alcohol consumption has gone through the roof ?

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Lockdown has actually helped me with my overall well-being physically not mentally.
I’ve been working on my overall fitness appearance not my fitness,I couldn’t run 400 metres without hurting myself,probably my Achilles.
Having been intermittent fasting for a year or more and basically only seeing a slightly better appearance for the last 2 months I’ve been tracking my macros and now seeing some physical changes albeit very slowly (the proper way).
Working on 2310 calories a day so trying to come in about 150-200 under.
As I say a very slow process.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Bought a rowing machine back in July, been doing a half hour set 3 times a week on top of a 4Km daily walk....... put on 3.5kg but still same waist size.

Looking forward to getting back out playing golf. But have really missed my Aikido practice, not been able to do that for over a year now, likely another 4 or 5 months before that's possible, and even then not sure the body will take being thrown around the way I was before we suspended last year.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
Fitter. I've lost 2.5 stone (16kg), we go out walking most days and we bought an exercise bike. Mind you, it was long overdue. I basically stopped eating rubbish and have driven about 20,000 less miles over the last year means I don't eat junk in the car.

Last edited:

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Both!
Fatter at first ,but have been riding my bike a lot now the weather is better.
Walking 5 miles a day when not on the bike
Given up chocolate and biscuits for lent.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
I hate running, plus it can be hard on the joints. I'd go KB/DB snatches they increase speed/power and if you done snatches for metabolic conditioning you're lungs and heart will tell you as you find a friendship with the floor!
Not sure I've any idea what you mean? Something to do with kettlebells. But the rest ...?
Think I'll just wait till I can get back in the gym - am quite happy with the cycles, weights & crosstrainer.

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Not sure I've any idea what you mean? Something to do with kettlebells. But the rest ...?
Think I'll just wait till I can get back in the gym - am quite happy with the cycles, weights & crosstrainer.

Snatch is where you hinge the weight (barbell/kettlebell/dumbell whatever) from the floor and press it above your head in one fluid motion. Often associated with Olympic lifts.

maxresdefault.jpg

Sweep

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Got on the scales Jan 2020 and got a wake up call. Started a diet. Read on the internet about intermittent fasting so gave that a go.
Before then I would never have gone for a walk unless I was following a golf ball. However, time off work due to Lockdown 1 and the great weather we had got me walking 5 miles a day whenever I could.
6 months later I had lost 53 pounds (25% of my total body weight), down to 22 BMI and less than 10% body fat. At the end of February I clocked up 2,000 miles walking.
Just trying to keep the weight off now and keep the walking up. ?