Has anyone tried any of the new drivers?

Big85

Visit site
Has anyone been fitted for any of the recent drivers that have came out?

If so how did you find them? Pros and cons

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
G430....
Hit the Max....beat my 8 year old Callaway in every department.....by a good amount.
With any of the new ones I honestly think that if your driver is less than 2 or 3 years old there's little point in trying anything else - unless you want to..and let's face it who doesn't like trying new clubs....
Performance gains will be minimal though.
I think it's getting close to the point where , even over 5 or 6 years, gains will be less and less and imthink the manufacturers, certainly in the driver depth, are going to start struggling to introduce a new driver every 3 years let alone every year as some do now.

Big85

Visit site
G430....
Hit the Max....beat my 8 year old Callaway in every department.....by a good amount.
With any of the new ones I honestly think that if your driver is less than 2 or 3 years old there's little point in trying anything else - unless you want to..and let's face it who doesn't like trying new clubs....
I think it's getting close to the point where , even over 5 or 6 years, gains will be less and less and imthink the manufacturers, certainly in the driver depth, are going to start struggling to introduce a new driver every 3 years let alone every year as some do now.

Sounds good. I really do like the look of the g430 drivers. I currently have a tayormade m3 which I believe is around 5 years old. I still hit it pretty well but I am tempted to give the new ones a go

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Sounds good. I really do like the look of the g430 drivers. I currently have a tayormade m3 which I believe is around 5 years old. I still hit it pretty well but I am tempted to give the new ones a go
Probably worth it..but don't be surprised if any gains are small....
Enjoy

evemccc

Visit site
G430....

Sounds like you’re in the market for one….”gains in every department” ?

Mandofred

Visit site
Unless you go to American Golf where the simulator will be set with a 40 mph tailwind
Last time I was trying a club there....and it's been at least 3-4 years......the guy kept telling me how well I was hitting the 7 iron. I kept telling him that I don't hit them that far.....and I kept having to repeat it to him. He was pushing for a sale I guess.

D-S

Visit site
I tried the Ping G 430, I currently use Ping G 400 which is 5 or 6 years old. Very impressed, dispersion was better, ball speed up and it did have the awful sound of the 425. The gains of course are marginal but better than anything I have seen recentl. Glad the Pro Shop didn’t have stock yet as could have made a hasty decision.

Jason.H

Visit site
I’ve got the Titleist TSR 3 and really like it. I can’t claim it’s longer than my Sim2 Max, I’ve been speed training so that’s where my gains are coming from. For instance today I went out of bounds long left, an area I’ve never reached before even in the height of summer.

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
I’m tempted to go to one of the demo days and see what all the fuss is about
Didn't think they bothered with lefties at demo days? ? And the way you hit yours recently, I'd save your money!

Skytot

Visit site
I will be interested to see when all new makes are finally released,to see the experts do Driver reviews. Just been watching the new Mizuno ST 230 review doesn’t get the headlines like Callaway, Taylormade , Ping but it looks a great driver .

D-S

Visit site
It would be interesting to see the You Tube reviewers to compare the current crop of drivers with those of say 5 to 8 years ago (i.e. 3 or 4 versions ago), as I would guess this is the more likely time interval at which drivers are changed. Necessarily there will be no appreciable difference to last years model but it is not common for players to change drivers every time a new version comes out (although I fully appreciate there are some that do just as much as there are those who only change after a couple of decades or so).

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
There's a couple I'd like to try, the new Ping, Titleist and the new Mizuno. Alas shaft choices seem to get fewer and fewer now. I remember Ping having a greatbselection of shafts not that long ago.

Teebs

Visit site
I went from a 2014 driver to a 2022 one (Rogue ST) and there was a significant difference in dispersion and distance.

I don't think I'll even try one of the 2023 models but will be having a fitting session for a new Hybrid which will probably come from the new crop (G430 / Callaway / Titleist) depending on what works the best. ?