Happiest place in Britain

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
If that local pub charges £5+ for a pint of beer it doesn't do me any good.....Just isn't fair that the pubs don't get the same pricing as the big stores. I can get 4 pints of beer at Asda for £6 or less.
Unbelievable as it may seem that at our Club in Cumbria we are charged £5.60 for a pint of San Miguel. We receive a 15% discount on drinks but NOT on San Miguel. The “lads“ are a tad unhappy:eek:

GaryK

Assistant Pro
Visit site
The £££ factors in hugely, Aylesbury is pretty well the cheapest in Bucks for housing,
I don’t know how old you are, but take me as an example
Coming up 61, 2 married daughters , 1 in Aylesbury, the other in Wycombe, last thing I want to do now is move away from my future support network.

If you have no kids etc close by then it doesn’t matter, but I’ve seen loads of people move away and then try and come back when they need support, some can’t afford it, others can, but living in a much smaller place than before

I'm 51, 1 partnered up daughter + granddaughter living the other side of town, son 19 still at home with desire to join the forces.
Yes, Aylesbury is one of the cheapest areas in Bucks (I would imagine Wycombe probably on a par).
What frustrates me is all of the housing developments going on (not to mention the £100+B white elephant project on our doorstep), yet very little investment in infrastructure and services.
The town is getting stretched to breaking point - especially where traffic is concerned.
But I guess that's pretty much the same wherever you go in England these days, unless you move to the middle of nowhere up North.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
I'm 51, 1 partnered up daughter + granddaughter living the other side of town, son 19 still at home with desire to join the forces.
Yes, Aylesbury is one of the cheapest areas in Bucks (I would imagine Wycombe probably on a par).
What frustrates me is all of the housing developments going on (not to mention the £100+B white elephant project on our doorstep), yet very little investment in infrastructure and services.
The town is getting stretched to breaking point - especially where traffic is concerned.
But I guess that's pretty much the same wherever you go in England these days, unless you move to the middle of nowhere up North.
Don't think I've been there. Where is it, exactly? ;)

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
House building without adding infrastructure and services is as big an issue in the middle of nowhere up north as it is down south. Lots of lovely village and towns are being messed with by over building, too many cars etc. It's problem all over.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
House building without adding infrastructure and services is as big an issue in the middle of nowhere up north as it is down south. Lots of lovely village and towns are being messed with by over building, too many cars etc. It's problem all over.

Worcester in a nutshell.....

They have done loads of roadworks to improve things but they still cant cope with the sheer numbers they now face.

stefanovic

Medal Winner
Visit site
Worcester in a nutshell.....

They have done loads of roadworks to improve things but they still cant cope with the sheer numbers they now face.
Some places you cannot get into or find you can't get out.
Then they built a ring road which worked for a while before it became too congested.
Building an extra lane also worked for a while.
Worst place to get into by car I found to be Bournemouth, which used to be a happy place (I imagine).