handicap calculation

Fabia999

Visit site
Hi,

My PP and I submitted a supplementary handicap round 2 weeks ago and the handicap list has only just been updated on the website.

We both scored 37 points, 21 out and 16 in for me and 18 out and 19 in for PP. I expected this to drop both handicaps, even if this was a minor decrease.

I'm not sure how they calculate the drop, but I'm guessing they use stableford points to do it?

Can anybody explain if my thinking is right?

Thanks.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Hi,

My PP and I submitted a supplementary handicap round 2 weeks ago and the handicap list has only just been updated on the website.

We both scored 37 points, 21 out and 16 in for me and 18 out and 19 in for PP. I expected this to drop both handicaps, even if this was a minor decrease.

I'm not sure how they calculate the drop, but I'm guessing they use stableford points to do it?

Can anybody explain if my thinking is right?

Thanks.
it would depend on the CSS i'd imagine

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
AS per double bogey

36 points may not be playing to handicap depending on the SSS which is what initially and for Supplementary Scores handicaps are based upon.

If your SSS is lower than the par take the difference and add this figure to 36 points to work out what playing to handicap is.
eg if your course has a par of 72 and SSS of 70 38 points is playing to handicap.

Also depending on your handicap shooting only one shot better will only produce a change in your handicap of between 0.1 and 0.6 of a stroke

Fabia999

Visit site
AS per double bogey

36 points may not be playing to handicap depending on the SSS which is what initially and for Supplementary Scores handicaps are based upon.

If your SSS is lower than the par take the difference and add this figure to 36 points to work out what playing to handicap is.
eg if your course has a par of 72 and SSS of 70 38 points is playing to handicap.

Also depending on your handicap shooting only one shot better will only produce a change in your handicap of between 0.1 and 0.6 of a stroke

Thanks for the help. Par 72 and SSS 69, so I presume I need 39 points or better to lower my handicap?