Handicap and Balls

Khamelion

Tour Winner
Visit site
I was bored, the snow killed my round, so I've been reading the posts in the forum and thought I'd put the 'What ball do you use?" and "Handicap" threads together and come up with the below table ordered on Handicap.

I know it's only a small sample set, but Titleist Pro V1's and Srixon Soft Feel are most popular.

Forum NameBallHandicap
RobobumTitleist Pro V1's 2.4
MungoscornerTitleist Pro V1's 4.9
MattyboyCallaway IZ5.1
ImurgPremium Something5.4
HobbitCallaway Hex Tour Black6.1
SatchfanTitleist Pro V1's 7.2
FaderWilson DX38.1
Foxholer Taylormade Penta9.1
Duncan MackieNoodle +9.6
Pbrown7582Titleist Pro V1's 10.6
DarthvegaBridgestone B33013.4
thecrawSrixon Z-Star13.4
KraxxTitleist Pro V1's 15.0
GarethTitleist Pro V1's 15.7
MagNike One Vapor15.9
KhamelionSrixon AD33318.0
KellfireSrixon Soft Feel 18.2
Andy808Srixon Soft Feel 18.4
Garesfield ACEAnything Cheap22
MattyBridgestone xFIXx22
tsped83Titleiest Velocity23.1
SirenSrixon Soft Feel 23.9
user2009Lakeballs28
ShakeyWilson28
Stuart WalesAnything
Percy LayerBridgestone B330 RXS
FishCallaway Hex tour Black
DappaDonDaveDunlop
WabinezNike 20Xi
CallumNoodle Long & Soft
HoltySrixon AD333
CmansdadSrixon Soft Feel
RooterTaylormade Burner
TPO77Titleist DT Solo
EthanTitleist Pro V1's
FaldosJumperTitleist Pro V1's
BangaioWilson Staff DX2

Last edited:

Khamelion

Tour Winner
Visit site
I can see you've read my signature details well Khamelion!!!

I did see you prefer the Titleist Pro V1, but in the "Waht ball do you use?" thread you wrote

Tend to use cheap balls in the winter and back to premium from March onwards.

So as this is technically winter and there is snow on the ground I went with the 'Anything Cheap' option :ears:

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
I think you misinterpreted my post of

"noodle+ play as well as any

I play pick ups, but am fussy over which go in the bag and which go in the practice bucket (which never get used now we have ranges!) "

I was responding to someone who had just bought a load of these, rather than as a current user of said ball recommending someone to go out and buy them (because I did...).

I currently have ProV1x's in the bag, but used a Bridgstone B330 RX that I picked up last time out in today's competition (until the 17th...).

Any premium ball, or Srixon Soft Feel, does me.

Khamelion

Tour Winner
Visit site
I think you misinterpreted my post of

"noodle+ play as well as any

I play pick ups, but am fussy over which go in the bag and which go in the practice bucket (which never get used now we have ranges!) "

I was responding to someone who had just bought a load of these, rather than as a current user of said ball recommending someone to go out and buy them (because I did...).

I currently have ProV1x's in the bag, but used a Bridgstone B330 RX that I picked up last time out in today's competition (until the 17th...).

Any premium ball, or Srixon Soft Feel, does me.

Doing the table filled in a hour while waiting for the golf to start on Sky, don't think I can edit the orignal post now.

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
I was using a soft feel, but changed to an AD333, yesterday chatting to the pro I have lessons from he suggested I went back to soft feel. He said it was a better ball but I really dont understand the reasons for one ball over another.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I'll throw another variable into the mix, this thread is only as accurate as people's signatures, for example Duncan Mackie is listed as a noodle plus gamer, yet art the recent Surrey tour he was gaming a prov1x

Fader

Tour Winner
Visit site
Khamelion now I see there was snow around but seriously get out more or did a lady you like to do things with!!

However good work though shows what is most popular and also shows that regardless of handicap ball choice is similar throughout.

Good work that man :thup:

BROOKIE

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Soft feel all the way,its a great underestimated ball,I'm a 14 handicap, and the ball just goes where I want it too,I'm no big hitter but this ball suits me down to the ground,which cant be a bad thing,can it..

Garesfield ACE

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I did see you prefer the Titleist Pro V1, but in the "Waht ball do you use?" thread you wrote

So as this is technically winter and there is snow on the ground I went with the 'Anything Cheap' option :ears:

And if you had checked further down that thread when I was responding to a query from another golfer you would have saw I use cheap and premium balls in winter,but more cheap than premium...........but you just made it look like I use cheap balls full stop by putting "anything cheap".Thanks!.