Had my fitting at Ping

Evesdad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Well as the title I had my 90 minute session at Ping yesterday. An amazing experience and has left me with a hefty outlay to look forward to! Went through the bag irons, hybrids, fairways and driver. My last fitting was 7 years ago for my irons so was really looking forward to it. At the end of last year I tried out the g25's at AG and was told I would def suit black dot standard length in regular, I doubted this as mine are 3/4" longer and 3 degree upright..

The final set we decided upon were:

G25's 5-pw maroon dot 1/2" longer stiff shafts, standard cfs
G25 hybrid 23 degree 1/2" longer stiff
G25 5 wood stiff.

The driver didn't perform any better than either of mine so saved some cash there and the 3 wood was only 15 yds longer than the 5 wood so no point in adding that either.

It was a close call on the kbs shafts in the irons as at first had some great stats but felt I was trying harder than with the standard cfs stiff shafts, phew another few quid saved.

Can't recommend the place enough if your after ping gear, also said if any thing doesn't feel right or needs changing yo bring then back and they'll have a look and make any adjustments. A great morning and looking forward to the new shinies arriving now!

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
So the message is

AG - "take these reg shaft ones off the shelf you'll be grand"

Ping - 90 minutes to a completely different set up.

Now I know not all Ags are the same but the set you were custom fit for are drastically different to what they suggested, which to me suggested they couldn't be bothered adjusting anything and just wanted the cash. Poor show.

I went to Gainsborough 2 years ago and like you loved the service, a great day and great feeling when the shineys arrived. Good man, have fun with (and confidence in) them.

Evesdad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Basically that's what the ag experience felt like. I even rang them today to get a price the bloke on the phone replied "you do know we only stock black dots?" Really who'd have believed it! Granted the ag session wasn't a full on fitting mainly hitting some balls using the flight scope to get some stats but black dot standard length? I'm 6'2" and my callaways are 3/4" longer.

Anyway just checking some prices and wil get ordered next week. No great rush as in Scotland week after next so won't get to use them for a couple of weeks anyway.

Holty

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Sounds like a good day!

Out of interest, is the fitting session there expensive? I've been looking into getting some G25's, and after all the horror stories about AG, I was quite keen on trying somewhere else

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I had a four hour through the bag fit for my Ping's so wasn't disappointed but would have liked to have taken a trip to the Gainsborough operation and not an approved fitter just to have enjoyed the experience. Maybe when the I25's come out

Evesdad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Cost is about £20 so as far as I was concerned it was peace of mind to know everything was covered and as it should be.

Homer - don't think you missed out on anything than you would have had in your fitting to be honest.

Evesdad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Danny - club pro matched my lowest price from my teaching pro. £660 6 irons, 1 x hybrid & 1 x 5 wood.

Imurg - hopefully but going away to Scotland on Saturday to see the father in law and put Friday night for work do! Hopefully fingers crossed they get here Thursday and I can have a quick blast at the range or sneak 9 holes in Friday morning before work!

Evesdad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Picked up this morning, swweeeettt. The wallet didn't like the hit though lol. My pro is now changing the lifts of my wedges to fill the gaps and the fitter at ping also told me to get the lie angle up a couple of degrees as I was hitting from the toe a bit.

Right of to the range for a quick bash before work!