Had a great game today.

EaseNgrace

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
My aim for this year was to break 80 and work towards a single figure handicap. Well I can tick one off already having played a great round of golf today, I shot 77.
There was about 9 temp greens and the rest were in play so I am still setting myself the target of doing it again when all the greens are open, hopefully if I keep playing like that I can do it regularly.
I didn't start too well and hit a couple of wayward tee shots but I recovered really well and my short game was good. I nearly shot a level par 36 on the 2nd half but for missing a par putt on the 18th, but overall im really pleased.
Oh yeah and my new driver was great, I hit some real crackers and the flight of the ball was far superior to my previous club.

jammydodger

Tour Winner
Visit site
Well done mate good shooting

Blimey they opened 9 greens up today did they ? I had a walk on some of them yesterday and thought they were a bit boggy tbh

Had a look for your name on the handicap list but couldnt see it , what you playing off ?

EaseNgrace

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Cheers, I didn't count the greens open but it was at least 7-9. I don't even have a handicap yet, am I right in thinking you can't hand cards in until the greens are all open? Im also not sure about entering competitions, can I get a handicap by playing comps? I'm pretty clueless really, I just play golf.

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
Cheers, I didn't count the greens open but it was at least 7-9. I don't even have a handicap yet, am I right in thinking you can't hand cards in until the greens are all open? Im also not sure about entering competitions, can I get a handicap by playing comps? I'm pretty clueless really, I just play golf.

Why not just ask in the pro shop? they are quite friendly and will tell you everything you'll need to know pertaining to the club - have you got a membership anywhere?

(BTW: Nice score!)

jammydodger

Tour Winner
Visit site
I would wait til all the greens are open and also until we are back on whites before putting your cards in. That way you get to play the full course for handicap purposes. If you cant wait then by all means just play off yellows.

Does your bro (is it jacetheace ?) have a handicap ? If not then i'll mark your cards for you when we're back on all greens

You wont be able to enter the comps without a h/c btw

EaseNgrace

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I would wait til all the greens are open and also until we are back on whites before putting your cards in. That way you get to play the full course for handicap purposes. If you cant wait then by all means just play off yellows.

Does your bro (is it jacetheace ?) have a handicap ? If not then i'll mark your cards for you when we're back on all greens

You wont be able to enter the comps without a h/c btw
Cheers mate, I'll wait till the greens are open at least and try and get a handicapASAP.

SharkAttack

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
For me at the moment any game would be a great game. Course closed 4 1/2 weeks ago and still no signs of opening. maybe this weekend.

Great score though. Well done, best to get your handicap off medal tee's as that is where you will be playing most of your competitions from. Most courses are a lot longer and harder from White tee's, one or two clubs longer on most holes sometimes even more.

EaseNgrace

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
er with that bag of toys ..and u shot 77 is this no h'cap thing just a slight wind up?

I just don't have a handicap because I have joined a new club and it's the first time i've been a member in 7 years.

To Sharkattack- sorry mate didn't mean to rub it in. :p

SharkAttack

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
er with that bag of toys ..and u shot 77 is this no h'cap thing just a slight wind up?

I just don't have a handicap because I have joined a new club and it's the first time i've been a member in 7 years.

To Sharkattack- sorry mate didn't mean to rub it in. :p
Rub it in if you want. Went up to club on the way home and guess what IT'S OPEN. Whoopeeee!!!!!!!!!! Hopefully no snow between now and Saturday.