H/C Increase

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Was out with a mate last night and he told me his h/c had been increased to 29. Not a happy bunny. I did resist the temptation to say he was lucky it was only 29!
Where does leave us for 4BBB's, the usual format of invitation days?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Some will have a maximum, say 24. If that is the case then he gets 24, not 29. You lose out.

If he is not good company then be ruthless and drop him, ha ha.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It is up to each club to define their rules of entry for competitions.

We have chosen the route - for club pairs competitions players whose handicaps are more 28.4 are not allowed to enter.

Players with a handicap over 28.4 may enter singles competitions and win prize money but may not win a trophy if there is one attached to the comp.

Our opens ( and some other comps) already have lower limits anyway.

Some clubs may say that a player with a higher handicap may enter but must play off the lower handicap limit.

I already know of some clubs that are not accepting entry for players with a handicap over 28.4 Easy for them to check these days with the CDH.

Carpfather1

Head Pro
Visit site
My previous club made the maximum handicap aloud in comps 21 so anyone with a 21 handicap or above had to play off 21 regardless ,I few of my mates play off 24 and 26 and they were fuming about it ,good way of doing it stops the bandits

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
My previous club made the maximum handicap aloud in comps 21 ......good way of doing it stops the bandits

Can't find the last player with a handicap greater than 21 to win any comp at our club....might suggest the bandits aren't at those handicaps, or that they are elsewhere. Certainly doesn't support the principle of people above 21 handicap being bandits.

Carpfather1

Head Pro
Visit site
I'm not saying everyone over a 21 handicap is a bandit but Ive played with a few people who have a higher handicap and they're matching me shot for shot

D

Deleted member 16999

Rulefan posted this in dec when a similar discussion took place.
Some clubs may wish to take note:

Dec.1(j) Limitation of handicaps in Qualifying Competitions

Q. May an Affiliated Club impose a limit of handicap to some of their Qualifying Competitions e.g. insist that a player with a Playing Handicap of 27 competes from a handicap of 18?

A. This is contrary to the spirit of the UHS. Players must be allowed to play from their established handicap. The player must play off full handicap and the correct Playing Handicap must be used when calculating the Competition Scratch Score. The organising Committee may then adjust the scores for the purpose of awarding prizes for the competition.