GUR on Greens - Ruling

Sam

Head Pro
Visit site
9th hole been attacked by wire worm(?) which lifts the turf - right mess. Back third is GUR and marked with transverse white line.
I'm struggling with Page 100 of the rules. To get relief not nearer hole AND outside the GUR area would mean the lip of a bunker on one end of the line and some grubby stuff on the other end i.e. can't stay on the green

1. Can I move the ball within the GUR area where there is a line through
2. If I have to move off GUR am I allowed to place not drop the ball even though it's not on the green.

Sadly this GUR situation is laikely to last a couple of weeks yet so prefer to get it right. Thanks

palindromicbob

Tour Winner
Visit site
If you elect to invoke Rule 25-1 you must take full relief of the GUR you can't place it within the GUR.

If your ball lies on the green you place the ball at the nearest point of relief regardless of this being actually on the green.

Page 23 will explain the rule to you as well as finding nearest point of relief but decision 25-1b on the website rules explorer has a picture explaining nearest point of relief which is better for when the ball is on the green.

http://www.randa.org/en/Rules-and-Amateu...mp;subRuleNum=1