Guilty Pleasures!

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'd have to list the content of my MP4 - all 1684 tracks

real mixture including Kylie, Pink, Madonna, Lily Allen, Blondie, practically everything of Stevie Nicks that I can find, mixed in with Dire Straits, Steppenwolf, Eagles, Fleetwood Mac, Stones, Genesis, Queen - the list is, almost, endless

CrapHacker

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Not exactly guilty pleasures of today - I don't do peer pressure at my age.

But back in the days when I was a punk, I NEVER admitted to liking Eagle by ABBA.

Don't know if this counts either. I had an old 60s mix artists album ( a gift from an aunt when I was about 8 ) that was so old it predated TOTP albums. One track was Ned Miller's 'From a Jack to a King'. Hadn't listened to it for years.
Got dragged into a pub one Saturday lunchtime - it was a regular meet up pub for the local Chelsea contingent before they wandered up to Stamford Bridge. Happened to see Ned on the juke box, and couldn't resist putting him on for a giggle. Lot's of jeering and abuse later I forgot about it.
A couple of weeks later I popped in again on a Saturday lunchtime, and No.1 choice on the 'box was.... Ned.
See, even Chelsea fans have some decent tastes.

Ever since then it's gone down as a fave. Along with Paul and Paula's brill track, 'Hey Paula'. But that was used in the Wanderers, so I don't know if it counts.

Also Dan Hartman - Instant Replay, counts as a guilty pleasure, yet Lipps Inc - Funkytown, is a genuine classic. Don't ask me why the difference.

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
This is really sad but was brought up listening to Barry Manilow my mother played his albums constantly. Growing up Wham ,Howard Jones and Kajagoogoo and have been on YouTube and listen to them constantly.
Favourites- Wham Every Thing She Wants ( Fila tracksuit and Diadora trainers on smart as).
Kajagoogoo Too Shy
Howard Jones What is love ,Pearl in the Shell

Them were the days. :cool:
Forgot to add Hi Energy Disco tunes Hazel Dean , Hernandez lol :D

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
How many of you remember Quarterflash's Harden My Heart or Wang Chung's Dance Hall Days?

Sheer quality.

Echo Beach is a winner too

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
Quality tune my 14 year old son watches Family Guy and found that tune on a mix cd he plays it the car on the way to school and sings to it as well, total niightmare he's tone deaf.
Would never admit to Wigfield - Saturday Night , you've took that to far :D :D :D

Spoff

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Would never admit to Wigfield - Saturday Night , you've took that to far :D :D :D
I've not listened to it in a long time though...

As I have already scrabed the barrel and ruind what little reputation I have I may as well add I also have the following albums:

Shampoo
Bananarama
Commodores

I'll write my resignation from the message board letter this afternoon :D

iwtuk

Assistant Pro
Visit site
At the moment, I'm listening to a lot of 80's electropop.
OMD, Depeche Mode, Erasure.
Basically anything with Vince Clarke in.

Good call....I was meant to see Depeche Mode at the O2 at the end of May but it's been rescheduled due to Dave Gahan's illness. They (and Vince Clark) are legends of electro-pop!

(Other electro-pop and 80's bands are available) :)

The23rdman

Challenge Tour Pro
www.soulfulphotograpy.co.uk

I'm with you on this, mate. I'm currently listening to al ot of the same stuff...plus just downloaded an old favourite to see if it's still any good - Jesus Jones - Doubt. It rocks!

iwtuk

Assistant Pro
Visit site

I'm with you on this, mate. I'm currently listening to al ot of the same stuff...plus just downloaded an old favourite to see if it's still any good - Jesus Jones - Doubt. It rocks!

"Real Real Real" and "International Bright Young Thing" are awesome tracks!

The23rdman

Challenge Tour Pro
www.soulfulphotograpy.co.uk

"Real Real Real" and "International Bright Young Thing" are awesome tracks!
Damn right!

Adrena1in

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
John Barrowman - What About Us?
Susan Boyle - I Dreamed a Dream from Les Miserables, the YouTube video...fantastic.
James Blunt - Carry You Home, (makes me well up!)
Abba - Fernando and Chiquitita.
Katie Perry - I Kissed a Girl, (and I liked it)...once in my head I can't stop singing it, although I don't really like it!

Can't think of any more, though I'm sure there are plenty!