Grip slipping in the heat.....

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
Does anyone else have issues with their glove slipping in this heat?

My grips are extremly clean and tacky and my glove is about 4rounds old (its a Footjoy SciFlex) but i notice especially on the range, i dont feel like i can swing without 'holding onto it' when i get hot.

any reccomendations for good gloves (not black, i'd rather quit golf) or sprays etc that can help?

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
I take mine off between shots and for putting. When it's warm I dry my hands on my towel also between shots. Just a habbit :)

Keeps it fresh a little while longer.

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
I take mine off between shots and for putting. When it's warm I dry my hands on my towel also between shots. Just a habbit :)

Keeps it fresh a little while longer.

yeah i do all that. thanks

Just been googling it, and apparently, Talcum Powder or anti perspirant is a good idea?

anyone tried?

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
yeah i do all that. thanks

Just been googling it, and apparently, Talcum Powder or anti perspirant is a good idea?

anyone tried?

Not tried it, but think weightlifters use talc, and i have seen some sports people spraying their hands with i assume some kind of AP i think it was american footy players...

PS. a pair of black gloves should sort it.

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
Not tried it, but think weightlifters use talc, and i have seen some sports people spraying their hands with i assume some kind of AP i think it was american footy players...

PS. a pair of black gloves should sort it.

a pair of gloves? i'm not tommy gainey.

Alex1975

Tour Winner
Visit site
Last few weeks for the first time ever I have struggled with this. Just ordered 3 new leather gloves and new grips but its really down to the humidity, I needed the above anyway.

D

Deleted member 15344

What grips do you have ?

I normally have a wet towel with me so give my hands a quick wipe with them then with a dry towel.

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
What grips do you have ?

I normally have a wet towel with me so give my hands a quick wipe with them then with a dry towel.

i think that might be the way forward to be honest, just do that before each shot.

i've got tour velvets, but was thinking about Multicompound, or the Lamkin full cord as they are very good and half the price of golf pride.

Alex1975

Tour Winner
Visit site
i think that might be the way forward to be honest, just do that before each shot.

i've got tour velvets, but was thinking about Multicompound, or the Lamkin full cord as they are very good and half the price of golf pride.

Ye Phil make a good point. Also give them all a good clean with a nail brush to get any old residue off. It should help, clean hands and grips.

D

Deleted member 15344

I went to 3G Lamkins this year from a Golf Pride VDR - very impressed with the Lamkins

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Does anyone else have issues with their glove slipping in this heat?

My grips are extremly clean and tacky and my glove is about 4rounds old (its a Footjoy SciFlex) but i notice especially on the range, i dont feel like i can swing without 'holding onto it' when i get hot.

any reccomendations for good gloves (not black, i'd rather quit golf) or sprays etc that can help?
Evo stick, :rofl:

Fish

Banned
Visit site
I've just had all my grips done and I now have the Lamkin UTx (in blue of course) and their brilliant, in-fact, their that good I'm contemplating trying to play without a glove, whether it be black or white :eek: