Great contact... Always going right!

DaveyG

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
After realising I have been swaying on the backswing I have corrected it and am now hitting it alot better...

With one little problem... Everything goes straight right by 1 yard up to 30 yards... I know the clubface is open at impact and will be googling it but I want to know what people on here have done when they experienced similar.

I will be seeing my pro for a more permenant fix when he is back off hols but as I am playing 18 tomorrow it would be great to hear what others have done...

Failing all of that... Does anyone just play to it and line up 15 yards to the left... Tried it once hit a beatu into the field 15 yards from the pin :-s

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
After realising I have been swaying on the backswing I have corrected it and am now hitting it alot better...

With one little problem... Everything goes straight right by 1 yard up to 30 yards... I know the clubface is open at impact and will be googling it but I want to know what people on here have done when they experienced similar.

I will be seeing my pro for a more permenant fix when he is back off hols but as I am playing 18 tomorrow it would be great to hear what others have done...

Failing all of that... Does anyone just play to it and line up 15 yards to the left... Tried it once hit a beatu into the field 15 yards from the pin :-s

This might help? http://www.golfwrx.com/233349/for-solid-impact-control-your-low-point/

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
My fix for this is "Open the clubface with your body, not your hands".

Turned this for me into starting right and drawing to target beautifully.

I still need to work on it more to do it every time.

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
Could be many things so get a proper diagnosis prom your pro.

In the mean time I'd throw in that you may not be rotating your hips enough on the downswing? You say they are going straight right and not slicing, so possibly a bit more rotation may close the club face a bit more at impact? Also may be put your ball forwards a little bit at address, giving the club more time to rotate, see if that makes a difference?*

* there is a high probability this is complete tosh ;)

DaveyG

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Could be many things so get a proper diagnosis prom your pro.

In the mean time I'd throw in that you may not be rotating your hips enough on the downswing? You say they are going straight right and not slicing, so possibly a bit more rotation may close the club face a bit more at impact? Also may be put your ball forwards a little bit at address, giving the club more time to rotate, see if that makes a difference?*

* there is a high probability this is complete tosh ;)

Haha... I do thing there is a good chance I am playing the ball slightly back in my stance at the moment so I will give this a go tomorrow...

if you draw a line from your ball straight to the target which side of that line does the ball flight start it's direction on?

Starts right and goes straight?

the_coach

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Haha... I do thing there is a good chance I am playing the ball slightly back in my stance at the moment so I will give this a go tomorrow...

Starts right and goes straight?

check ball position could be back a bit more than it should be.

but also the swing path is coming from a ways inside to out, if the face angle is then square to that in to out path (could be the ball position so club head arriving sooner no time to square to target so open to target but square to in to out path so push)
if the club face angle open to the in to out path you get varying degrees of push slice.

could just be that the ball position is in the right place but the in to out path is a fairly exaggerated one, usually this would also mean your swinging on a pretty flat shallow swing plane, perhaps sometimes hit the ground first

how a player is set up at address grip alignments posture etc, how anyone takes the club back has a very large bearing on the path the clubhead is going to take to return through impact.

but it's swing path plus possibly ball position as to why it's starting to the right of the ball/target line. then you have to look at what's the cause of an exaggerated in to out path if the ball is in the right place. so look at set up & takeaway direction, whether there's any movement off the ball (sway) going back to the top. so possible to much lateral movement going back to impact, hips have to turn going have to turn & clear to get back to impact.

make some swings where you feel very much your swinging left in direction through impact, hips turning & clearing, head staying behind impact.

Last edited: