Grafolly nz six stiff shaft question

macca64

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
If i put this in a 9.5 G20, replacing the standard ping regular, wot sort of performance do you reckon i would get, comparatively ?

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
If i put this in a 9.5 G20, replacing the standard ping regular, wot sort of performance do you reckon i would get, comparatively ?

What shaft? Do you mean an NV? It is a green shaft.

As a generic answer, the effect of changing shafts ail depend how suitable the before and after versions are for you. If you put in one which is too stiff, you won't be able to get the ball flighted and you will lose distance. If you put in one which is too soft, you may hit it further, but you will probably also hit it wilder.

The stock TFC shaft in the G20 is an OK shaft designed for middle handicappers. The NV, even in the same so-called flex is a stronger lower launching shaft, and that is amplified when you step up a flex category as well.

macca64

Q-School Graduate
Visit site

As a generic answer, the effect of changing shafts ail depend how suitable the before and after versions are for you. If you put in one which is too stiff, you won't be able to get the ball flighted and you will lose distance. If you put in one which is too soft, you may hit it further, but you will probably also hit it wilder.

The stock TFC shaft in the G20 is an OK shaft designed for middle handicappers. The NV, even in the same so-called flex is a stronger lower launching shaft, and that is amplified when you step up a flex category as well.
ok thanks its red, got the details off the shaft

MGL

Challenge Tour Pro
www.mygolf.me
There's not really enough info about on this shaft tbh -its a Golfsmith/Snake Eyes shaft from a few years ago and no longer available. Its not listed in the Wishon Shaft Software either so can't get any profile info either. Is it a pull that your getting from ebay or somewhere? If its cheap enough just try it and see. It will probably need to be shafted properly though as Ping heads are normally a .350 tip so if its a .335 (which it more than likely is) then it will need a shim and possibly a special wide ferrule.

MGL

Challenge Tour Pro
www.mygolf.me

As a generic answer, the effect of changing shafts ail depend how suitable the before and after versions are for you. If you put in one which is too stiff, you won't be able to get the ball flighted and you will lose distance. If you put in ever one which is too soft, you may hit it further, but you will probably also hit it wilder.

That's a bit of a strange thing to say IMHO. I'm not sure of the rationale behind that but I've never really heard of a shaft being described that way i.e. for a certain handicap. I certainly wouldn't fit a shaft to someone that way.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
OK, that is interesting. I looked at the Graf website and didn't see it, but according to the interweb it is similar to the Comp NT.

I had one of those once, and it was a good solid shaft with a low-mid flight and low torque. If the NZ is similar, then I think moving from a regular TFC to it would be a big step up, and whether that is a good or bad thing depends how you are hitting the TFC and what your swing is like in terms of speed, tempo and so on.

macca64

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Thanks all, had it fitted to a 10.5 TM driver about 5 yrs ago to help with my high ball flight, don't think it helped, was wondering if it would on G20