Gps watchs or lasers what are best

popeye

Hacker
Visit site
You can also get gps apps-bit more of a faff using your phone but when it is completely free of charge then it's definitely worth it!

Dannyc

Visit site
Tom Tom 2 I’ve got great little watch it also shows u how far the bunkers and water are away which is a great help when u are unsure if u can reach or carry them

SteveJay

Head Pro
Visit site
To be honest I would recommend having both. I use a Tom Tom Golfer for most shots - quick, clear and simple, giving me front, middle and back which is what I need for most shots. It has additional functionality but I don't use that much.

However, one more, often overlooked, use is if it has last shot distance functionality, it can be helpful in helping find your ball in rough etc. If you know that you hit your driver, say, 250 yards, it will tell you when you have walked that far, from the tee, useful when you may not have seen exactly where your ball landed and means any search is narrowed down a bit. Obviously have to know your club distances and allow for wind, strike etc.

However, where a laser comes in handy is assessing distance of certain hazards such as trees, bunkers etc. as well as determining a more accurate distance to the flag for approach shots, par 3's etc. Depending on ability though, a gps giving middle of the green may be sufficient.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
Do you recommend the Bushnell over a Tom Tom or Garmin or as a cheaper alternative
I can't comment on the others as I've not used them I'm afraid but the Tom Tom Neo Excel has lots of features including bluetooth, hazards, shot tracking, long battery life, etc. and has there's an app you can link it to for more detail.
Some people use their phones for GPS but my personal concern is getting my phone wet. My Bushnell has survived the worse of Scottish winters (and summers!) and doesn't miss a beat.
You can get them now for about £140.