Gps watches/gadgets

Mattyj3nks

Medal Winner
Visit site
Afternoon all,

I am looking at buying a gps watch but wasnt wanting to spend too much.

I see american golf have the Garmin G1 for £80 - is it worth it?

I was hoping to get one which actually shows a map of the hole so distances to hazards etc.

I would appreciate any thoughts/suggestions

Thanks
Matt

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
If it's watches you're looking at, I think you mean the S1.
Not a bad watch at all, only downer is battery life if you intend to play 36. It won't do it, unless you can charge it up at lunchtime.

D

Deleted member 18121

only downer is battery life if you intend to play 36. It won't do it, unless you can charge it up at lunchtime.

Strange, my S1 is fine for 36 holes.

For me the S1 is plenty of tech......I can understand the need for a map of the course with hazards etc if you're a nomad, but for me only really playing my course each week I quickly learn the hazard distances by using the watch to see how far the hole is from the hazard.

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
Afternoon all,

I am looking at buying a gps watch but wasnt wanting to spend too much.

I see american golf have the Garmin G1 for £80 - is it worth it?

I was hoping to get one which actually shows a map of the hole so distances to hazards etc.

I would appreciate any thoughts/suggestions

Thanks
Matt
Matt what ya need to see map of hole etc is a G3 G5 OR G6 ..
Brilliant piece of stuff .. ther was one on sale for around £110 in for sale section , not sure if it still is , spend the extre few pound its WELL worth it

Stegsie

Head Pro
Visit site
I've got the G2. Picked it up in AG locally as they price matched Amazon. I love it. Great for keeping score and uploading to track progress over a couple of weeks etc. I even take it out t when walking the dog as it has an odometer so I can see how far I've walked. Well worth the extra money over the G1. I didn't like the touch screen on the G3.

Mattyj3nks

Medal Winner
Visit site
Dave was it u selling the G6 .. this is exactly kinda thing Matt is after in reality

For some reason it doesnt allow me to post in the buy and sell section so i was unable to contact the person selling one on there.

That it ideally what i would want but was wondering if there was a cheaper option