Gps watch

Locky

Visit site
Just had a flick though thread re the distance measure. I'm currently looking at getting a watch. So many out there have tried looking at reviews online I'm liking the sound of the garmin s20 (reasonably cheap).
What are your suggestions on the best watch to look at. Cheers

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
The s20 is a good watch, there is loads out there I find the ones with more features, colour screen, touch screen, basically a handheld GPS in you wrist don't hold a good battery life,

phils226

Medal Winner
Visit site
I bought a Garmin Vivoactive Music 3 a few weeks ago and its brilliant. The golf app works better than the high end Garmin 6 as it tracks your shot and you can view your full round on-course via the app after. The quality of the full colour dispay is superb giving all the usual detail including all hazards and scoring options. Yoy can also downlaod podcasts and music to it so can use on a run without your phone. Absolututely brilliant and Ive tried most GPS golf watches.

Fabia999

Visit site
If you want a GPS watch purely for the distance and no fancy pictures then I don't see a problem with the Garmin S10. It gives you front middle and back of green with the shape of it.

The club tracking with the s20 looks cool but how often would you use it?

Locky

Visit site
If you want a GPS watch purely for the distance and no fancy pictures then I don't see a problem with the Garmin S10. It gives you front middle and back of green with the shape of it.

The club tracking with the s20 looks cool but how often would you use it?
The tracking is something I'm quite interested in to be fair.

Fabia999

Visit site
The tracking is something I'm quite interested in to be fair.

Think the s20 would be perfect. I really like the sound of it, but I didn't want to have to enter what club I was going to hit every shot.

I have the s10. There has been a few times where I have thought the yardage seems a little out, Maybe that's just me. Usually I have full confidence on what it says. It's been a great addition to my setup.

Make sure you give an update if you get the s20 and have had it out for a few rounds.

robbeh32

Visit site
If your yardage is out make sure it's not resetting to metres. I had problem when everytime i synced to PC it was resetting to metres and was constantly hitting my shots short.

dronfield

Visit site
Hi

Have a look at the Bushnell range - i have the hand held Ghost (now called Phantom), but they do the model as a watch.
Basic but accurate device - front/mid/back distances plus a couple of bunkers per hole. Clear easy to read screen & charge lasts 36 holes.

Rich

phils226

Medal Winner
Visit site
Here's a photo of the Garmin Vivoactive 3 Music whcih shows the screenand layout quality. I bought for £149 from Amazon on a dela about two weeks.

Attachments

• Garmin Vivoactive Music 3 Golf App.jpg
    Garmin Vivoactive Music 3 Golf App.jpg
    528.3 KB · Views: 116

jamiet7682

Visit site
I'm between a Bushnell Neo Excel and Garmin Vivoactive 3. Will probably wear it day to day and would be good to track other exercise so leaning towards Vivoactive, also think its slightly better looking. What does the Bushnell do golf wise that the vivoactive doesnt?

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
Just had a flick though thread re the distance measure. I'm currently looking at getting a watch. So many out there have tried looking at reviews online I'm liking the sound of the garmin s20 (reasonably cheap).
What are your suggestions on the best watch to look at. Cheers

Personally for the money you are spending, I'd consider a smart watch. Apple or Samsung, depending on what phone you have.

Has other uses day to day that you can use some or all of.

I link my apple watch up with Hole 19 app and has exactly the same functionality as my old Garmin (on which the battery finally did a few years ago).
I'll maybe spend a bit of time this year researching other apps and if these are better, even if there is one that costs a few £s.

Duckster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Personally for the money you are spending, I'd consider a smart watch. Apple or Samsung, depending on what phone you have.

I link my apple watch up with Hole 19 app and has exactly the same functionality as my old Garmin (on which the battery finally did a few years ago).
I'll maybe spend a bit of time this year researching

I'll maybe spend a bit of time this year researching other apps and if these are better, even if there is one that costs a few £s.
been toying with an Apple Watch.
what are the apps for gold like? Do they have adverts popping up in your phone? How much are the apps?

Karl102

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Garmin s60 is great! Expensive at circa £250, but have a scour on ebay. I picked mine up for a lot less in an auction that ended during the working day, so there wasn't a mad rush of bids at the end!