GPS Reccomendations

SJB777

Visit site
Hi All,

Apologies if there's already a thread on this somewhere but I haven't seen a specific one and would appreciate real reviews and recommendations.

I'm looking for a GPS, rough requirements are:

- Accurate to within 4/5 yards
- low-mid price (would go up to ~£200 for quality)
- Distance to front, middle, back of all greens on UK courses
- Ideally additional hazzard plotting and distances if possible in this price band

Thanks in advance :)

SJB

Beedee

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Are you looking for a watch or a hand-held?

I use a Garmin G6 hand-held model and am very happy with it. It's smaller and chunkier than a phone, but it's far more weather resistant than any phone I've owned. The screen is quite big and easy to read in bright sunlight. I've never had a problem with its accuracy, and it usually locks on to the GPS signal and finds the correct course very quickly.

Being a hand-held, you get a good picture of the whole of the hole and can click on the screen to get accurate distances to the hazards. The green view lets you drag the flag to get a better idea too.

Battery life is ok. You get two (long) rounds out of a single charge - providing you remember to switch it off at the end of the round. tbh - that's my biggest gripe about it (and it's a very minor gripe). It would be nice if it switched itself off once you're a suitable distance away from the course (or something like that).

It has built-in score card, and club trackers, and things, but I never use those features on it.

stevelev

Journeyman Pro
www.ecclestonparkgolf.co.uk
You will find that most GPS nowadays are accurate to within 3m due to the number of satellites they pick up. The G6 is a great bit of kit with on subscription, all skycaddies need a subscription which starts at around £20 a year.

The are a lots of brands to choose from, but you just need to decide what you want from it.
Colour screen or mono
scorecards,
lay up distances,
detailed info or just front middle back of greens.
Club tracker
Stats tracker
Touch screen or button operated.

Shop round you will usually find sales on with last years / seasons model which work perfectly fine and do everything you could want

Huwey12

Assistant Pro
Visit site
]Hi All,

Apologies if there's already a thread on this somewhere but I haven't seen a specific one and would appreciate real reviews and recommendations.

I'm looking for a GPS, rough requirements are:

- Accurate to within 4/5 yards
- low-mid price (would go up to ~£200 for quality)
- Distance to front, middle, back of all greens on UK courses
- Ideally additional hazzard plotting and distances if possible in this price band

Thanks in advance

ive got a Garmin G6 that clips on the bag and is very accurate most times agreeing with the yardage on the tee, my son has a Garmin S2 watch which doesn't seem so accurate sometimes. As Beedee I don't use all the functions but there are a lot