GPS golf watch ??

Carpfather1

Head Pro
Visit site
I’ve had my garmin s1 for a good few years it’s got just basic yardage for the green front middle and back .im thinking about getting a upgrade with hazard yardage’s ect what are others using?i don’t have a clue with these things so any info will be great cheers

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
I have the Bushnell Neo XS which I've used for a number of years now. Shows distance front, middle and back, four hazards, distance walked and time taken.
If this went, I'd fancy the Bushnell Excel which has a few more whistles and bells.
It's also got excellent battery life and is easy to read.
You can also set up the watch so it starts at your tee-time.

Last edited:

Carpfather1

Head Pro
Visit site
I have the TomTom 2 watch, had not problems and find the yardages very accurate, also let's you know yardages to hazards as well.
I’ve seen some good reviews about this do you use the tracker which gives you the stats from rounds and shots ect ?

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I use the tom tom 2 as well. Been very happy with it. I use the tracker every now and again. Not really for any game development purpose but just to look at my round, see how far a good drive went etc

Carpfather1

Head Pro
Visit site
Thanks for the replys there’s a couple I’m looking at .one that catches my eye is the shotscope one anyone actually using this with the club performance ect

Scoobiesnax

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Hope you don't mind that I have hijacked your thread Carpfather1 - I thought it would be better than starting a new one.

I am toying with the idea of maybe asking my wife to get me a golf watch for Chrimbo and I'm wondering if anyone has any good suggestions or if i really need one as I already have a cheap rangefinder which gets the distances I require the majority of the time.
I am potentially looking for something that I can use outside golf as well and maybe tracks health stats (do they exist?) etc etc.

With regards comfort - how comfortable are they while playing golf. The only reason I ask; is that I don't wear any jewellery/watches/straps when I play golf. Also, do you wear them on your right wrist as your glove may get in the way?

dronfield

Visit site
I have the Bushnell Neo XS which I've used for a number of years now. Shows distance front, middle and back, four hazards, distance walked and time taken.
If this went, I'd fancy the Bushnell Excel which has a few more whistles and bells.
It's also got excellent battery life and is easy to read.
You can also set up the watch so it starts at your tee-time.

For the past 2 years i have used the Neo Ghost which is the hand held / pocket version of the XS watch - very accurate & easy to read / navigate.
Bushnell have just updated this range so you should be able to source a previous watch model online for a decent price - Clubhousegolf had them on offer recently.

Rich