GPS Devices

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Trouble with AA batteries is in the cold. In warmer weather you'll get round with 1 set but I wouldn't be surprised if you had to swap them over towards the end of the round on a cold day. Even the Li-ion batteries suffer in cold.

haplesshacker

Money List Winner
mid-life-crisis-man.blogspot.co.uk
Don't all batteries suffer in cold weather?

All my Garmins that I used for yachting used AA batteries. The thing would be on for 6 hours at a time, and would do approx 18 hours. I used to change them at quarter full because I knew it wouldn't last the day, and changing batteries on the water wasn't conducive to my job.

I don't know if the Garmin has a standby feature where-by you can turn the screen off to save some juice.

john0

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Ive just came across this bargain, and me being the nice helpful chap that I am, thought I would share it with you all :D

The Sonocaddie V300 from USA free postage for the bargain prive of £162......

V300

If I didnt already have a GPS my order would have been placed already

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
I agree, a great price but.
You have to buy a UK adaptor and it takes weeks for the free delivery.
Does anyone know how much the UK adaptors cost?

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Ive just came across this bargain, and me being the nice helpful chap that I am, thought I would share it with you all :D

The Sonocaddie V300 from USA free postage for the bargain prive of £162......

V300

If I didnt already have a GPS my order would have been placed already

You'll get stuffed on import tax.

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
customs will slap a load on it (based on my last transaction about 20% because it will go on total cost including the postage you paid) plus they'll hand it over to parcelfarce who will also add on a handling charge (another £8). (you pay the customs fee to parcelfarce too).

given the current climate - how long to clear customs?

Hendy

Tour Rookie
Visit site
If you ever come to Ireland to golf you may leave the Sonocaddie behind you as they be lucky to cover 1/5 of our courses.. Coverage over these parts is poor to say the least.

Skycaddie for me is the market leader for me and there was a good point made in here from Imurg on having to pay the £30 a sub a year vs price of golf balls.. Its well worth it.. However i do agree on what GB72 is saying if you use it for a year and store your 20 courses on there you should be able to use it without having to pay again for another year even if you dont download anything more to the device.

I seen a skycaddie SG2.5 in action on my home course and to be fair it worked perfectly, and also I am yet to see any other company have a map for my course in there course listings.

D

Deleted member 1418

Have just picked up a Sonocaddie XV2 from Amazon for £89 as it looked it would do everything I wanted. Don't know if it's a good deal or not as I haven't used it yet, but all appears to be in working order!! Real test will be on Friday at Leftie's gaff with him and Murph.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Have just picked up a Sonocaddie XV2 from Amazon for £89 as it looked it would do everything I wanted. Don't know if it's a good deal or not as I haven't used it yet, but all appears to be in working order!! Real test will be on Friday at Leftie's gaff with him and Murph.

Don't worry, Leftie and I have Skycaddies, so when yours doesn't work......