Good Practice facilities

Adjani

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Hi guys, i`m new to the forum and thought i would ask for info from the knowledgable users here on finding a club in the South Essex area that has good practice facilities; my game is coming along nicely and i want/need to spend more time working on the various aspects, swing, pitching, chipping, putting and bunker play etc...

So i really need a club that can offer me the enviroment to work on this, mainly an area for short game, bunker play and putting.

Any suggestions gratefully accepted :)

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Have to say this is a pre-requisite of any club I looked at joining. Ascot historically only had a large field with no targets etc but when I rejoined they had done a lot of work. Our practice ground now has targets at 50, 100, 150 and 200 yards, a practice bunker and a chipping area.

I've used my sky caddy and the distances marked are actually spot on so if I hit a 6 iron at the 150 and they come up short it is me and not the distance I am hitting.

Adjani

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Just been looking at The Warren Golf Club near Maldon, a little further afield than i wanted, but practice areas look good, and there is an academy based there, anyone used this club or its facilities ?

nomadpaul

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
"Adjani , where you based ?"

Thurrock, very near LakeSide :eek:

Well , i live there too :)

I'm not and have never been a member of any local clubs but the few i know of that may be worth checking out are :

Orsett Golf club
Warley Park
Bentley ( North of Brentwood )
Stockbrook manor - Billericay

As i say , i havn't played or even been in them but i have heard some good things about them . If you're a serious golfer then Stockbrook manor seems to suit. Check out their website......me , i can only but dream :cool:

Adjani

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Thx for that info nomad; only StockBrook mentions its practice facilities, but unlike The Warren it dosnt seem to be open to non-members. The membership fees at these "premier" clubs is expensive

Both clubs are a little to far to travel on a regular basis, as i practice alot.

I occaisonally pop over to Basildon, which has a very basic practice area, not very well maintained, but only costs £1.75 for all day.

What courses you play in the area ?

nomadpaul

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Belhus and Cranham mainly - There's also some nice course's just over the Bridge . South Essex ( Ingrave )is one i aim to play soon although i have been over there on their range. They have a decent practice green and a big practice bunker as well .

Adjani

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Spent much of my youth on Belhus (not always playing)
Cranham is a tidy little course.

Gonna take a wander to The Warren on monday to have a play on their practice area, i`ll post in here what its like for anyone wondering.