Golfing holiday

Philbleasy

Club Champion
Visit site
Hi guy and girls I will be 50 in October 2023 and just starting to think about doing something golf wise for my birthday. Was thinking maybe a short golfing break abroad anyone got any good suggestions from places they have been

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
Go to Portugal. Stay at The Conrad Algarve. Play the three Quinta courses (North, South and Laranjal) and book through Helio, the Conrad's golf concierge. Get a spa treatment or two. Job done. Won't be cheap, but you're only 50 once! If you really want to push the boat out, have a round at Monte Rei. Long taxi ride, but well worth it.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I'd also recommend Turkey.
20 years ago I would have said the Algarve, but then I hadn't been to Turkey as it wasn't considered a golfing destination back then.
I went a few years ago now, with a group of mates.
It was absolutely fantastic, knocked Portugal into a cocked hat.
The courses were better, certainly presentation wise. They also seemed a lot friendlier.
We stayed at the Voyage Hotel in Belek which was superb, but the lads had also been to the Serene, and raved about that too.
The only course I didn't enjoy out there was a Colin Montgomerie designed one. Too much waste sand for me. Venture off the fairway and you were in it.
Not classed as a bunker but it still made progress difficult.
But generally I much preferred Turkey, and if I were up for another foreign golfing trip it would be the place I was heading to.

sweaty sock

Hacker
Visit site
Before you book turkey check what weeks the courses are being overseeded!! That alwats happens in october and is tge equivalent of playing on winter greens. We fell foul and it ruined the holiday for me. Prices dont change so you need to do the research.

Philbleasy

Club Champion
Visit site
Before you book turkey check what weeks the courses are being overseeded!! That alwats happens in october and is tge equivalent of playing on winter greens. We fell foul and it ruined the holiday for me. Prices dont change so you need to do the research.
Thank you for that, it would probably be around the 24th October

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Morrocco was great in Oct 3 years ago when we did Marakesh also great for a bit of culture or trip to the Atlas Mountains. So close to Europe but a world away culturally.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
If you really want to push the boat out, have a round at Monte Rei. Long taxi ride, but well worth it.

Great shout. I’ve been lucky enough to play Monte Rei several times as a mate of mine owns a property and is a member there. Wonderful course with exceptional customer service - not cheap, but worth every penny.

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
Great shout. I’ve been lucky enough to play Monte Rei several times as a mate of mine owns a property and is a member there. Wonderful course with exceptional customer service - not cheap, but worth every penny.
If I go in February, I might pm you for a favour!!!! ?