Golfing Advice

JWatts

Visit site
Hi have a quick question am hoping someone can help me out with: What’s a good alignment cue for draw irons into greens?

Thanks in advance!

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk
Hi have a quick question am hoping someone can help me out with: What’s a good alignment cue for draw irons into greens?

Thanks in advance!

Sorry, shouldn't be factitious with a newbie. The club face needs to be open to the line to the target and the swingpath inside that line. The way I do it, not the only way, is with a slightly stronger grip and a swing definitely inside to out. Some people say line up right with the club face square to the target but this doesn't work for me, the ball starts towards the target (in accordance with the laws of physics) and then hooks. Iost a lot of shots trying this method, although it works for some, Jack Nicklaus included.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Sorry, shouldn't be factitious with a newbie. The club face needs to be open to the line to the target and the swingpath inside that line. The way I do it, not the only way, is with a slightly stronger grip and a swing definitely inside to out. Some people say line up right with the club face square to the target but this doesn't work for me, the ball starts towards the target (in accordance with the laws of physics) and then hooks. Iost a lot of shots trying this method, although it works for some, Jack Nicklaus included.

That seems wrong to me! Though it may just be my interpretation of 'target' and 'inside'.

I agree with the 'square to target' being wrong though. There was always an unconscious compensation - from experience - that adjusted the strike.

I use a clock-face to explain.
For a rightee, if pin (Target) is at 12, then aim club-face at 1 and swing at 2 will produce a Draw (to the pin).